Username
Password

03:48 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
So here it is! 20 songs WRITTEN, PERFORMED AND RECORDED by your fellow ap.net forum members. As you can see by the tracklist, there are some familiar names, as well as some newer names, and even some completely unfamiliar names. You'll be pleasantly surprised, once again.
I apologize if I did not include your band. This compilation was even more difficult to compile than the last one. With so many artist submissions, it was painful to exclude some really great talent.
For this reason, there will be a third compilation in December.

The Music of AbsolutePunk Forum Members Compilation Volume 2

2nd host (megaupload)

01. Casey’s Dad’s intro
02. Snowmobile - Spring Has Sprung (allelish)
03. Handels Drinking Problem - Casting Calls and Feature Films (dekdog11)
04. Five Cent Wing - Long Nights and Weekends (RockVocalPower)
05. Fourteen Faster Shakin' (fourteenfaster)
06. The Winter Mission A Long Story Short (elemenhope)
07. The Chemist vs. The Computer Coasting Towards The Tide (bubu_sk8er)
08. I Take Out Lions The Minotaur (undertheTELE)
09. A06 The Nemesis Program (buysoap)
10. Silhouettes of Something Strange Lost (mybreakingpoint)
11. Backseat Goodbye Play Three Again (loserkidchad)
12. Thomas McCarthy - Cheesesteaks Live Forever In The City of Brotherly Love (Boring Pop Song)
13. Little Drawings Reach Out (For Me) (matt rawlings)
14. Johnny Mainstream Napoleon In Rags (SockMonkeyRiot)
15. Cowalker Eurydice (snowtires)
16. The Glorious Ruin Driving On A Dime (agloriousruin)
17. My Dreams Rewrite The Day Forgives (remix) (mydreamrewrite)
18. Living Chivalry Transparent Personality (i12punk)
19. Waterlanding Belt (vandalsandquinn)
20. The Welcome Kit Dead Billy (concernedparent)

Length: 77:50
Size: 98MB

If you missed out on the last compilation, you can find it HERE!
03:50 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
Fuck yeah.

Also, sharebee says it has a limit of 100mb?!?!

WHAT
03:51 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female

Matt, when you download it, take the songs with really high bitrates and change them to 192 or 160 - whatever makes it go just below 100 MBs
03:54 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
If one could buy a Sharebee account, I would do so right now. This is pissing me off.
03:56 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
Here is the alternate cover.
04:01 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
To save you some time, these are the bands with the higher bitrates:

FIVE CENT WING
THOMAS MCCARTHY
HANDELS DRINKING PROBLEM
THE CHEMIST
BACKSEAT GOODBYE
THE WELCOME KIT
04:10 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
Matt, I did the bitrates - so I'll start uploading on Sharebee while you download the comp.
04:11 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
i took a long time to write out that post, and I am sorry for being negative and attacking you vince, but i felt like what i said had to be said.

Hey man, no worries - I expected this to happen, so it's all good. I'll respond through and through in just a few minutes.
04:52 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
I realize what I am about to say will probably piss a lot of people off, but I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I don’t really care what bridges I burn, because clearly these bridges were never bridges at all.
Perhaps with some people, yes – but I assure you, I fully expected at least one person that was not included on this compilation, to be upset with me.

Quote:
On behalf of everyone who was cut from this “comp” and the rest of the AP forum members, I am calling you out Vince. Look, I like you, and I think overall you are a good guy, but I severely disagree with how you did this.
You’re speaking on behalf of everyone? You’re the only one (so far) to express disagreement. So, at least for now, let’s just say you’re speaking for yourself.

Quote:
Let me first say I am NOT going to criticize the music on this “comp”, because it isn’t about that. People have different tastes and musical vision. I am not attacking anyone’s work represented on this “comp”.

What I am saying is that this was gone about completely wrong. Instead of being a representation of what is going on here on this website, it is instead a collection of Vince’s personal friends and favorites.
Of the 20 artists, vandalsandquinn, Boring Pop Song, buysoap and concernedparent are the only ones I’ve ever even had a real conversation with. The following users, I’ve hardly ever talked to at ALL: dekdog11, RockVocalPower, Fourteen Faster, undertheTELE, mybreakingpoint, loserkidchad, SockMonkeyRiot, agloriousruin, mydreamrewrite, i12punk.
So no, this is not at all a collection of my “personal friends and favourites”.
Hell, shiteater is one of my favourite users on this website, and I excluded him, because he only offered me a cover song.

Quote:
1. If you feel so bad about cutting what you claim to be over 100 artists, why are ANY users/members from the last comp even on here? I am sure no feelings would be hurt if you said this was only open to people who were not featured before. No one should have been given a slot on this until you were sure you didn’t have enough to fill it up with new bands/groups/users. As it stands now, roughly HALF of this “comp” is composed of people who were also on the last one. Bogus.
I selected songs that I liked, as well as songs of varying genres. I saw no reason to exclude artists who’s songs I enjoyed, just because they were on the last compilation. Sure, my selection process could be considered "inconsistent", but it doesn't matter. Because, you see, this is not my job - I have not been called upon to do this. I made this compilation because I felt like it.

Quote:
2. If so many people had to be cut, why limit the “comp” to 20? After all, it is a download. Most people will download, listen to it, and keep what they like and delete the rest. It doesn’t make any sense to limit it. It could have very easily been 30 songs, and people wouldn’t have thought any less of it.
I put together this compilation (as well as the first one) with the intention of people burning it to CD, and listening in their cars, or on their stereos. I spent a lot of time deciding the order of the songs, in order for it to flow well, just like any great CD would.

Quote:
I am glad people are excited about this, but quite frankly it was gone about all wrong and should NOT be titled what it is, because it is far from being representative of this forum and the people here.
It is very much representative of this forum – and I resent you saying otherwise just because you are excluded. Are band names like A06 and The Chemist vs. The Computer not synonymous with this website? Hell, are not each and every one of the people on this compilation, forum members, after all? How is it not representative of this forum? THAT makes absolutely no sense to me.

Quote:
I guess normally this wouldn’t matter, because we could put stuff like this together any time we want. But the bottom line is there are a lot of people that wanted to submit a track and have it included on something that makes the front page for a week, and got cut. It just seems shady to offer this up, and then select songs from a very large number of the same users as the last one. I thought the whole point of the new comps was to give more people a chance to get some exposure and share what they have created, but apparently it doesn’t work that way.
I am not a staff member – I was not obligated to do this. I don’t benefit from it in any way. But I took a lot of time out of my weekend to put this together. I encourage you to do the same thing, if you wish to do so. I’ll even send you a submission of my own, because according to your logic, I would certainly be included on it, regardless of the quality of my song.
Quote:
All of that being said, to all the artists on here, I am looking forward to hearing this, and keep on making music. It’s what we live and die by.
And I ask you, respectfully, not to drag this through the mud.
04:55 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
Second download link is now up! Woot.
05:01 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
Sweet, I'm glad people are enjoying it like I do.
05:03 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
I'm on pins and needles waiting for people to get to my song :p

My lo-fi recording feels a tad out of place

It's awesome dude - your song is a blast, I already know all the words haha. Reminds me of like, Against Me! but with a Dock Boggs twist or something.
05:03 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
Btw.

Is Volume 1 still up somewhere?

Yeah, I think I'll add the link to the first post.
05:09 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
A combination of two brilliant minds

Could you make one of a similar "theme" for the first comp?
05:22 PM on 08/12/07 
User Info.
Signals Corrupted
My name on her leg
Ted Leo Country
Female
Holy fuck, who is Michael Herrera? I absolutely love his song.

mydreamrewrite. I think he has a couple thousand posts on here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos