Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
01:13 PM on 01/17/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I find it interesting that a label would email after a joke is made on one website. Seems like a waste of time to me. Not sure what you would say... "Saw the comment you made earlier today. Can you please act more professional and refrain from making fun our band." I don't understand what you could possibly say without coming across butt-hurt. I suppose an email in good fun, the way Rise does is fine to maintain the relationship.
01:30 PM on 01/17/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
I talk to people pretty regularly via email... we were talking about something and I made a crack that I'd do lunch if no one was going to jump me for my sarcasm on the website.
Hahaha... I read the post to mean that Victory would essentially contact you if they saw that you made a joke or said something negative about one of their bands.
01:49 PM on 01/17/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Oh. Yeah. All the time. Haha. AAALLLLL the time. And then tell me they'd never buy ads again if I didn't stop. Like that would stop me. Heh.

Still like that they're using my (crappy) layout for their news posts on their homepage.
That is just a waste of time on their end to micromanage every little situation with emails to the owner of one website. If bands/labels can't take criticism/jokes, than there are bigger issues. Not every relationship is buddy-buddy all of the time. That is why it is called a business relationship. If anything, flooding your inbox with complaints would make you less likely to post their stuff, I would think.
02:08 PM on 01/17/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Haha. I concur.

Someday I've gotta publish a tell all book.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in seeing the behind the scenes communication on some of the big drama issues that have occurred over the years. I could see Brumel cranking out a few solid emails in his day... or a manager/band member of some sort sending out a completely emotional and unprofessional email that is now memorable. But, the business man in me is glad that you don't just throw that stuff out into the public domain. Most recently with latest TDS post. Some things are better kept behind closed doors. Maybe one day when all of this is over and AP is one of the most revered websites and you have been retired (sold it off), sipping cocktails on the beach, you can have someone publish a book on your behalf.
09:53 PM on 01/17/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
If you think that's micromanaging, you don't know the first thing about how Victory runs itself haha. What a nightmarish place to think about working at.
Haha fair enough. I know they pop up in news quite a bit for the wrong reasons. However, they must do some things well to be around as long as they have. But, I would be lying if I pretended to know how they actually run their business.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos