Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
01:01 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
The only major difference I see is in record sales. To my knowledge, Rise hasnt had any gold/platinum records. Or acts to reach the level of success as Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Thursday, Atreyu or even A Day to Remember. But whos to say they cant with all of their amazing signings as of lately. Hell, even Attack Attack! could be that band, even with all the hate.
02:03 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
The Devil Wears Prada aren't as big as Atreyu or Hawthorne Heights? I'm sorry, that's utter bull.
I know they are huge, but did they sell gold/platinum status while on Rise? Im not even sure. Didnt they only release one album on Rise? I know times are different and know artist does those numbers anymore.
02:11 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Victory should learn from Rise and stop signing putrid bands like Design The Skyline. When ADTR leaves,that label is done.
Emmure still sells quite a bit and a big draw at shows, after they leave, I personally cant name one band I know who is still somewhat relevant on that label. Is BTBAM still on Victory?
02:28 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Very much so true. Symtoms and Cures was a good record. But still not a band that will keep the label relevant like ADTR can. They even tried to hop on a trend with Design The Skyline, and failed miserably.
04:44 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Granted Rise doesn't have a single band that could ever reach Taking Back Sunday popularity, do you have any idea how much record sales are down from 2004? In slightly over a year, Where You Want to Be (their last release on Victory) sold close to 700,000 copies. No band on Rise could ever achieve those numbers in 2012. Never.
I noticed what I said after posting. I do realize album sales went down a lot. With that being said, I can see Rise at some point finding a band that can break out into the mainstream with the varied bands they have been signing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos