Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 107
02:08 PM on 01/17/12
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Victory should learn from Rise and stop signing putrid bands like Design The Skyline. When ADTR leaves,that label is done.
02:08 PM on 01/17/12
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
I think Rise would have had a platinum selling artist like a Taking Back Sunday or a Hawthorne Heights if they were selling records back when bands like that and music in general were moving more units. Their sales are probably great considering the times and I wouldn't be surprised if they destroyed sales figures coming from other labels their size. It seems like their business practices and ethics are far more sound than Victory's, but its reminiscent of them in the way that their bands, even the God awful ones, sell tons of tickets and merchandise. Great signings lately though and when was the last time you could honestly say that about Tony and Co?
02:11 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Victory should learn from Rise and stop signing putrid bands like Design The Skyline. When ADTR leaves,that label is done.
Emmure still sells quite a bit and a big draw at shows, after they leave, I personally cant name one band I know who is still somewhat relevant on that label. Is BTBAM still on Victory?
02:16 PM on 01/17/12
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Emmure still sells quite a bit and a big draw at shows, after they leave, I personally cant name one band I know who is still somewhat relevant on that label. Is BTBAM still on Victory?

BTBAM are on Metal Blade. Emmure is supposedly going elsewhere for the new record.
02:17 PM on 01/17/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
comeback kid?
02:19 PM on 01/17/12
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
User Info.
Haha. I concur.

Someday I've gotta publish a tell all book.

That would probably be able to pay your retirement pension.
02:21 PM on 01/17/12
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
Agreed. Kudos to Rise for giving a lot of great young bands a platform and giving some veterans a chance to keep going. I applaud a lot fo what they do over there.
02:26 PM on 01/17/12
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
i don't think rise has released one album i care about. the only recent signing i'm remotely interested in is the early november. victory had thursday, straylight run, taking back sunday, action action, bayside, the forecast and the reunion show. it's sad how laughable victory is now, though.
02:26 PM on 01/17/12
justbradley
User Info.
As much as I don't like certain bands on Rise, you gotta respect Rise for what they do. I love a lot of the other bands on Rise, and I do appreciate that they're trying to diversify their roster now, with bands like Man Overboard, A Loss For Words, The Early November and stuff like that. Those are awesome bands. And I do love how they promote the crap out of every band on their roster. I was on the homepage of the iTunes store and Attack Attack's new record had a little ad on the top of the page. As much as a lot of people hate them, it's cool that they're getting their name out there, you know? I don't think I'll listen to "This Means War," and if I do, it'll be once.
02:28 PM on 01/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Very much so true. Symtoms and Cures was a good record. But still not a band that will keep the label relevant like ADTR can. They even tried to hop on a trend with Design The Skyline, and failed miserably.
02:30 PM on 01/17/12
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
only like a few of Rise's more popular acts, but I love that they signed The Bled and Bleeding Through when each of them were on a serious decline in popularity, but still wanted to make music and tour.
02:33 PM on 01/17/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
Rise Records, although tend to sign bands I dislike, tend to listen to their supporters on who to sign. You have to give credit where credit is due. They've been signing a lot of very talented acts lately and I applaud them for that. They're one of my favorite record labels in the business, not just because 3 of my favorite bands are on the label, but they treat their artists and supporters with respect.
02:37 PM on 01/17/12
_veges_
User Info.
I think even before Rise started to make good signings they were better than victory
02:38 PM on 01/17/12
Andy Young
@YayItsAndy
User Info.
Victory has a few really good bands, they just don't put forth the money to help them reach any sort of success. Close Your Eyes, A Hero A Fake and Within the Ruins should all be bigger than they are.
02:41 PM on 01/17/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Rise is the smartest label hands down. And currently my favorite.

Victory really has nothing going for them at all.

Streetlight Manifesto, Close Your Eyes, Counterparts and Comeback Kid need to leave.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos