AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Weatherbox News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 68 of 68.
10:47 AM on 01/27/12
glattim
User Info.
I just made my personal schedule on the swsw website...see if you can view it here

If not, I'm looking forward to:

Bulit to spill
River City Extension
Dead Confederate
Doomtree
Delta Spirit
Third Eye Blind
Justin Townes Earle
M.ward

to name a few.

You?
i'd love to see Built to Spill and Delta Spirit. here are some others that stand out to me:

Band of Skulls
THE BRIGHT LIGHT SOCIAL HOUR
The Early November
The Front Bottoms
Future of the Left
Good Old War
Maps & Atlases
Say Anything
Time Fite
02:35 PM on 01/27/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree with you here, he definitely writes songs to please his inner audience but that's part of the appeal for me. I can listen to his albums multiple times and get a different reaction each time. His albums feel like a journey through his inner thoughts... IDK I think that's cool!
I don't feel like that's honest music. You should be writing only to please yourself if you want to be taken seriously, in my opinion.
02:35 PM on 01/27/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You could make this claim about ANYONE. So you would say Robert Plant wrote songs pandering to fans of Lord of the Rings. Come on dude.
No, dude, he wrote songs about Lord of the Rings because the story inspired him. He wrote it for him. You can tell pretty easily when someone is writing to please a crowd.
05:50 PM on 01/27/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
No, dude, he wrote songs about Lord of the Rings because the story inspired him. He wrote it for him. You can tell pretty easily when someone is writing to please a crowd.

I don't even know how you prove something so absurd.
04:12 PM on 01/29/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't even know how you prove something so absurd.
You can't really, it's an observation you make.
05:45 PM on 01/31/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
HA do you know what pop punk is man? I'm sorry dude you're either really stupid or you posted on the wrong article. Weatherbox is incredibly UNDERrated. Besides Say Anything who else do you think they sound like? O and as for lyrics, I personally think it fits his voice and they style he plays. Plus Brian is loaded as fuck when he writes.

Where did you hear this? Brian quit smoking a couple years back and I don't think he drinks very heavily.

Love it. Got my blue press yesterday. All the songs are great.

I'm really looking forward to the new American Art pressing and full length.

When are they pressing American Art?

Well, I agree with that actually. Pandering, he is writing to please a certain audience instead of himself, it seems like.

Everything you have said in this thread has been extremely stupid, but this is the worst. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and I'm not sure you've ever even listened to Weatherbox. Pandering? Are you serious? He has his die hard fans and that's about it. He isn't selling tons of CDs, he's not selling out tours (he can hardly tour across the country). He is not pandering in anyway. He writes what he wants to write. Look at the difference between American Art and The Cosmic Drama. He could have easily recorded AA 2 and all of use Weatherbox fans would have loved it but he went in the complete opposite direction and put out an extremely personal record that happens to be in my top 5 favorite records. So please do us a favor and fuck off. If you don't enjoy the music Brian makes then don't listen to it. Don't drag us down because you're douche.
10:26 AM on 02/01/12
glattim
User Info.
Where did you hear this? Brian quit smoking a couple years back and I don't think he drinks very heavily.

When are they pressing American Art?

Everything you have said in this thread has been extremely stupid, but this is the worst. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and I'm not sure you've ever even listened to Weatherbox. Pandering? Are you serious? He has his die hard fans and that's about it. He isn't selling tons of CDs, he's not selling out tours (he can hardly tour across the country). He is not pandering in anyway. He writes what he wants to write. Look at the difference between American Art and The Cosmic Drama. He could have easily recorded AA 2 and all of use Weatherbox fans would have loved it but he went in the complete opposite direction and put out an extremely personal record that happens to be in my top 5 favorite records. So please do us a favor and fuck off. If you don't enjoy the music Brian makes then don't listen to it. Don't drag us down because you're douche.
this. because i was too lazy to deal with this troll myself.
02:43 PM on 04/04/12
robbieblack111
FreshJuicyFruit
User Info.
i read this thread 2 months too late but the 2nd last comment says it all for me. he has no evidence for half the things he says and yet thinks his opinion matters enough to share it on a thread about the band he dislikes...isnt that like going to mcdonalds to tell them their food sucks? seriously dude i dont get how you come up with half the shit you said. did brian fuck your girlfriend?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums