Username
Password
Hit the Lights News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hit the Lights
Inside AP.net

Clips from Hit the Light's New Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/20/12)
Clips from Hit the Light's new album Invicta can be found here.

Submitted by spezialk

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
08:59 AM on 01/20/12
CoopDawg
The plan keeps coming up again...
User Info.
09:02 AM on 01/20/12
snobdrblinkchik
User Info.
Sounds like there's quite a bit of slow songs. I can def see what nick meant when he said there'd be heavier songs. Can't wait to listen to the full cd.
09:16 AM on 01/20/12
notetoself343
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
these clips do no justice, i want the whole cd nowwwww
09:18 AM on 01/20/12
chrisCcoan
User Info.
Someone skipped school and found out how to use a DELAY PEDAL! I am really trying to like these clips, real hard. Huge fan of everything they've released. Drove to bamboozle 08 to see them play with Nick for the first time as the singer..in short showing my dedication.. this is just weird. Makes me wonder how many delay pedals they had running through that soundboard. It's not weird cause it's different, its truly weird...It's just all that delay..and song structure? If you take the delay out on the verses and add their palm muting, fills, and rock based solos you got yourself a HTL record. The chorus's? mostly drop D's 3 chord build.. back to delay. analogy? That really hot girl at a bar with the worst personality. It's hard not to like HTL and we're all gonna try to like this record with a real bad personality just because of their appeal. It looks like a one night stand for me.
09:27 AM on 01/20/12
ChickiManifesto
The Worker Bee
User Info.
Take control is the only song that sounds somewhat like old HTL. Still dig the direction cant wait for my vinyl!
09:48 AM on 01/20/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I think I'm gonna preorder my vinyl of this today.
10:01 AM on 01/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Someone skipped school and found out how to use a DELAY PEDAL! I am really trying to like these clips, real hard. Huge fan of everything they've released. Drove to bamboozle 08 to see them play with Nick for the first time as the singer..in short showing my dedication.. this is just weird. Makes me wonder how many delay pedals they had running through that soundboard. It's not weird cause it's different, its truly weird...It's just all that delay..and song structure? If you take the delay out on the verses and add their palm muting, fills, and rock based solos you got yourself a HTL record. The chorus's? mostly drop D's 3 chord build.. back to delay. analogy? That really hot girl at a bar with the worst personality. It's hard not to like HTL and we're all gonna try to like this record with a real bad personality just because of their appeal. It looks like a one night stand for me.
10:04 AM on 01/20/12
quickandsilver
User Info.
I refuse to listen till i get my vinyl
10:08 AM on 01/20/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Frankly I think I've already heard enough.
10:19 AM on 01/20/12
IamTheMovielife
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sounds pretty good. I wish it were a different band's songs though. I like my Hit The Lights to sound like Hit The Lights. Hopefully this is just them going through a phase because they're in their mid 20's and they feel like they need their sound to "mature".
10:21 AM on 01/20/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I WAS pumped for this record after the guys released the EP, but now, I'm not so sure. I know it was stated above ("the clips don't do it justice"), but I'm hoping there's more to this record than what the clips are teasing at. It's not typical HTL, which is what I wanted in the first place, but I'm not sure I was expecting the rest of the album to sound this far off from the original 3 songs released. It'll be a grower album I think.. it won't hit me right away.
10:32 AM on 01/20/12
BruceWayne
User Info.
Get To You sounds fantastic.... can't wait. Ps, where is the review for this record?
10:34 AM on 01/20/12
Slovo
NO YELLING ON THE BUS!!!
User Info.
Could this be their 'Coming Home?'
10:35 AM on 01/20/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums