Username
Password
Radiohead News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Radiohead
Inside AP.net

Jamie xx Remixes Radiohead

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/20/12)
Jamie xx has remixed Radiohead's "Bloom" for a third time.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
09:26 AM on 01/20/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
It's like the man has nothing else to do
10:16 AM on 01/20/12
BottleRocket
Roll Tide Roll
User Info.
keep it coming as far as I'm concerned
10:21 AM on 01/20/12
kidwithhelmet
User Info.
Read it as "Jamie Foxx"
11:16 AM on 01/20/12
The Gryphonator
User Info.
I feel like there are so many remixes for the King of Limbs... yet I've never really wanted to listen to any of them.

Someone give me one TKOL remix to check out. Your favorite, or the best one, or whatever.
01:42 PM on 01/20/12
LightTheFuse
Expert Lurker
User Info.
Every Jamie xx remix should have a Childish Gambino verse like his Adele remix.
01:49 PM on 01/20/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel like there are so many remixes for the King of Limbs... yet I've never really wanted to listen to any of them.

Someone give me one TKOL remix to check out. Your favorite, or the best one, or whatever.
Couldn't pick just one

The Four Tet remix of Separator is also particularly good.

^ This is a remix that was done using stems from multiple album tracks.
01:55 PM on 01/20/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is also old news. From November. But irregardless the Jamie XX remix that made it on the album is a 2 minute long joke of a remix. Subsequently 2 other remixes (which were created simultaneously, he isn't just sitting down and making more every 2 weeks) were released, one on an acetate 12" sold at an XL auction and the other on the digital-only release TKOL RMX 8. They're all alternate versions of each-other with different parts, lengths, and pacings. But they have all been out since November.

Young Turks, being a shitty trendy ass label like it is, just wants to repackage an old Jamie XX remix that isn't even that good. I agree it's starting to get a little out of control, but in it's favor, about 3/4ths of the remixes on the double CD are really, really good.

I think it should have just stopped with the 7 limited edition 12"s and digital release of those. No need to even do the compact disc version, too unimportant in this day and age. I really loved The King of Limbs though and hearing different interpretations of these songs is pretty cool.
04:58 AM on 01/21/12
OnaedInSpace
she sucked and sucked and sucked.
User Info.
This is also old news. From November. But irregardless the Jamie XX remix that made it on the album is a 2 minute long joke of a remix. Subsequently 2 other remixes (which were created simultaneously, he isn't just sitting down and making more every 2 weeks) were released, one on an acetate 12" sold at an XL auction and the other on the digital-only release TKOL RMX 8. They're all alternate versions of each-other with different parts, lengths, and pacings. But they have all been out since November.

Young Turks, being a shitty trendy ass label like it is, just wants to repackage an old Jamie XX remix that isn't even that good. I agree it's starting to get a little out of control, but in it's favor, about 3/4ths of the remixes on the double CD are really, really good.

I think it should have just stopped with the 7 limited edition 12"s and digital release of those. No need to even do the compact disc version, too unimportant in this day and age. I really loved The King of Limbs though and hearing different interpretations of these songs is pretty cool.
I whole heartedly agree with everything you just said. The Jamie XX remixes I found to be very limp, but so many people have engaged with the whole band wagon system that they failed to acknowledge that his versions turned out to some of the worst to come from the whole project.

It album itself was clearly a project targeted at devout radiohead fans though, no need to even remember it in a years time. it is good, but the longevity of it is very suspect
03:51 PM on 01/21/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I whole heartedly agree with everything you just said. The Jamie XX remixes I found to be very limp, but so many people have engaged with the whole band wagon system that they failed to acknowledge that his versions turned out to some of the worst to come from the whole project.

It album itself was clearly a project targeted at devout radiohead fans though, no need to even remember it in a years time. it is good, but the longevity of it is very suspect
Yup. I consider myself to be fairly obsessed so of course I was going to be stoked that they were releasing a 12" with 2-3 unheard remixes every 2 weeks. Any new Radiohead releases excite me. I feel like it was something Thom really wanted to do, so I'm glad it happened. The people who are freaking out about it and thinking that Radiohead's trying to rip them off are exactly the type of people who the project wasn't intended for.
01:05 AM on 01/22/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
Every Jamie xx remix should have a Childish Gambino verse like his Adele remix.
epic avatar
01:58 AM on 01/22/12
LightTheFuse
Expert Lurker
User Info.
Nah, it totally sucks.
11:33 PM on 01/22/12
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.

The Caribou one is good.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News