AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Artist Power Rankings (January 20th)

Posted by - 12:33 PM on 01/20/12
Another week down the drain. Is it just me or do the days seem to be flying by lately? It was a good week around the website though, lots of good stories - lots of memorable moments. Quite a few "what the..." moments as well. We'll get to those in a minute, for now - here's this week's power ranking list. Sorry it's a little late ... been busy picking my jaw off the floor from "that thread that shall not be named."

1) The Dangerous Summer
NoteCongrats boys, I think this is what you were going for. You're number one. The band's "issue statement" thread was ginormous. It started calmly - and like most internet threads - is basically a mess by the end of it. There's a tad bit of everything in there. I didn't think I'd ever see a thread quite like it. Ok, that's kind of a lie -- that Drive Thru thread is now so bassakwards bonkers, it might give this a run for its money.

2) Bamboozle
Note#midnightmadness was insane. A whole bunch of bands announced they were playing, twitter exploded, we posted a bunch of the bands, saw our list (and typos) copy and pasted all over the internet, and the conversation with music fans was one of my favorite in a long while. All around, it was a pretty awesome time. Huge thread too, so it seemed you guys liked it as well.

3) Say Anything
NoteBetween the album leaking ridiculously early, the announcement of the new single, and the band's tour dates - Say Anything had a strange week to say the least. Ups and downs. Polarizing reaction to the new stuff as well (who didn't see that coming). But it definitely pushed them up the charts.

4) Skrillex
NoteI hate that I have to write about this. Between headlining Bamboozle and his new video, Sonny Moore and his ridiculous haircut were all over the website. To me the music still sounds like a cat being strangled over computerized beats -- but the news definitely makes everyone want to comment.

5) MegaUpload
NoteOwned.

6) Drive-Thru Records
NoteIf the label releasing a new single from round two of the TSL acronym wasn't enough - the threads that spawned from it are absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe this is real life. Given another day or two, this would be number one with a bullet.

7) TDWP, ETID, letlive, and Oh, Sleeper
NoteTour dates were announced and the thread was extremely popular. You going to the show?

8) KeezyKabeezy
NoteMajor props to this guy. From originally showing up with a Blink182 cover song, to being featured as an ABSOLUTExclusive on AP.net for his original music. Very cool. And the best part is all of the positive comments in the thread.

9) Attack Attack!
NoteBand streams album. Band goes to #2 on the iTunes charts. Jason still does not understand the appeal.

10) Hit the Lights
NoteWith the new song, and the new album clips - HTL squeaked into the last spot on this week's list.

And that's this week's list. Of course, we also ran our "most anticipated of 2012" feature (and harassed you to vote for the bands you are anticipating), the "my favorite EP" post was pretty awesome (toot toot on my own horn, I know), and FUCK SOPA. Until next week folks ... don't forget to spay and neuter your animals.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
12:37 PM on 01/20/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
#1 is no surprise... aw 897... didn't break 1000?
12:37 PM on 01/20/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
Attack Attack and Skrillex? That's disappointing.
12:41 PM on 01/20/12
fjiaewov
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dangerous Summer doesn't include statement about why they drop off tour - people go apeshit

Finally release honest statement including apology - people go apeshit

If I were these guys I'd be pretty pissed. They can't win.
12:42 PM on 01/20/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Fuck yeah KeezyKabeezy!!
12:44 PM on 01/20/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Dangerous Summer: #1 in the power rankings, some other ridiculously low number in your hearts.

Bamboozle, Say Anything, and the TDWP/ETID/ll./Oh,S tour were my top this week. Hate that Bamboozle left is gone; I may fly across country just to see TREOS and Foo Fighters.
12:45 PM on 01/20/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dangerous Summer doesn't include statement about why they drop off tour - people go APshit

Finally release honest statement including apology - people go APshit

Fixed.
12:46 PM on 01/20/12
fjiaewov
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I loled a little. But seriously it just seems like no matter what these guys do they are going to catch shit at this point. You'd think they were the first band to ever drop off a tour.
12:47 PM on 01/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Dangerous Summer doesn't include statement about why they drop off tour - people go apeshit

Finally release honest statement including apology - people go apeshit

They coulda released honest apology the first time.

Jason Tate
User Info.
Attack Attack and Skrillex? That's disappointing.
Worse: having to write it.
Jason Tate
User Info.
Fuck yeah KeezyKabeezy!!
He's the beezknees.
12:52 PM on 01/20/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
#SOPA is dead!!!
12:52 PM on 01/20/12
fjiaewov
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They coulda released honest apology the first time.

I feel like they never got a chance to before all this shit started, they don't have a PR rep as far as I know (at least it sure as hell doesn't seem like it) to put statements out for them and HTL announced that they were dropping off, next day they get on the internet to find a total shit storm, rumors that they broke up, that Cody got kicked out, I mean were do you even start to do damage control at that point? Probably was best that they waited till everything seemingly calmed down to put something out
12:55 PM on 01/20/12
wheelsgonewild
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i pitched a tent when i saw drive thru and TSL single...then i read the post and found it was a TSL ive never heard of...balls
12:55 PM on 01/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I feel like they never got a chance to before all this shit started, they don't have a PR rep as far as I know (at least it sure as hell doesn't seem like it) to put statements out for them and HTL announced that they were dropping off, next day they get on the internet to find a total shit storm, rumors that they broke up, that Cody got kicked out, I mean were do you even start to do damage control at that point? Probably was best that they waited till everything seemingly calmed down to put something out
They had a falling out with their one time management.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos