Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
03:57 PM on 01/21/12
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
Can't listen on my phone. People don't sound pleased so far.
10:57 PM on 01/21/12
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
IARB might be his best album. But the self titled has some of the best songs he's ever written. Less Cute, Eloise, Cemetary... C'mon.
06:40 PM on 01/22/12
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
A bit more than 3/4 of these songs sound promising to me. I'm excited for the record.
06:45 PM on 01/22/12
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
I understand differences in opinions but I actually surprised at the overwhelming amount of people who dislike this album. Its not modern masterpiece but for what its worth it is an enjoyable record. Not their best but nobody expected it to be. They are just a band writing new music like every other and yet this is what people consider terrible? I just see these cringe worthy lyrics some talk about. I am not looking for some great profound message. I guess this will go down as the least popular SA album but it is my 2nd favorite. Writing a classic record really brands you for life it seems.
The bands that get the most shit are usually ones that put out a record that everyone loves. If you put out anything after that and people decide they like it less, you get a shitstorm. It sucks really bad.
07:14 PM on 01/22/12
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
The people who keep saying Crush'd has bad lyrics... if you really feel that way about someone else... if you're married or in love... I don't see how you can think it's embarassing

"As I drive tonight/West Coast sky/Is daring me to try/I feel alive tonight/With the possibility that I'm your guy/Though I suffer from dyslexia/Mild manorexia/And my hair cannot commit/To one popular genre of music/And though they all claim/That a girl can't take a boy's last name/Or end up divorced and estranged/I'm counting on you"

There is so much passion and realness there, it's like "Here I am, I suck, and people aren't rooting for us, but I need you to love me"
I completely agree with you. Amazing lyrics. And for the people who say the "did it hurt?" line is cheesy, He obviously knows it's cheesy. And meant it that way. Max isn't an idiot.
07:15 PM on 01/22/12
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
It is a shame. This album is really good and it seems like people won't give it a chance cause it is not as wild as their best album. I am glad they slowed it down a bit cause I don't want 100 carbon copies of the same album. People call this a letdown but there is so much worse. I hope it grows on people cause not all albums are meant to be super energetic and crazy. It seems people sometimes come back to albums and like them later. The hype and expectations of people are killing the albums love.
Yeah I like the tamed down sound. All the records sound different, and I enjoy that.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums