Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 146 of 146.
08:49 PM on 01/22/12
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
So, when will IDOTG see a vinyl release?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.
09:00 PM on 01/22/12
ladedadada
The first rule of flying is love.
User Info.
IDotG would need a box set treatment, it would be a triple LP for sure
I hope they do a complete discog vinyl box set like Bright Eyes did.

But anyway, Brand New had the bad situation of having released two albums in succession that were virtually flawless (Deja and The Devil and God). Daisy was doomed to a poor reception by virtue of not being perfect, too
10:28 PM on 01/22/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
I will never understand people's dislike for Max/SA. To each their own, whatever flicks your switch and floats your boat, etc but personally I find him/this band very talented and interesting. I have always anticipated each release since discovering them with ...Is A Real Boy. To be fair I know I could be easily lumped in with the fanboy crew concerning them but along with that comes a certain loyalty (and bias too).

I hate that "curse of X album" stigma that can be attached to bands. I recall reading a fantastic article on AP pointing out that those strong feelings could be closely related to the life events when first hearing that album rather than the music itself. Isn't it possible that new fans will hear Anarchy, My Dear and have those same feelings with this collection of songs?

I've played this album a few times now (yep, the leak - sorry). I think this will be like self titled for me in that self titled took a while to really sink in but once it did I rate it highly. For some strange reason I would be obsessed with the songs 3 or 4 at a time, in tracklisting order. Funny. Even now to this day I still view that album in almost "little trilogies" of songs.

Again, dismiss this as a fanboy rant if you want but I think this is just another really solid effort from one of my fave bands. I don't think the band deserves the hate for this album or anything they do.
11:33 PM on 01/22/12
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
The people who keep saying Crush'd has bad lyrics... if you really feel that way about someone else... if you're married or in love... I don't see how you can think it's embarassing

"As I drive tonight/West Coast sky/Is daring me to try/I feel alive tonight/With the possibility that I'm your guy/Though I suffer from dyslexia/Mild manorexia/And my hair cannot commit/To one popular genre of music/And though they all claim/That a girl can't take a boy's last name/Or end up divorced and estranged/I'm counting on you"

There is so much passion and realness there, it's like "Here I am, I suck, and people aren't rooting for us, but I need you to love me"
Fucking yes. I endorse this message. Great song. I even love the line "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven girl?". That's the way true love translates, in my opinion; cheesy and wide-smiled.
01:14 AM on 01/23/12
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
Did not like this album. Loved IARB, loved the last one they put out, in defense had a few good tracks. I'll still see them live.
03:47 AM on 01/23/12
my_aim_is_true
Everything's Eventual
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm trying to be a good fan and wait until the release to listen to the album. I can't defend the new album because I haven't heard it yet, but I can defend the self-titled. Max has always written songs that have been cheesy in nature. I believe it's a joke that he's in on. I think that's his intent. But that being said, he can also write incredibly powerful lyrics. Just look at the lyrical content in "Ahhh...Men", which was off the self-titled. I think that was one of Max's best songs he's ever written.

I don't like to compare album to album. It's kind of pointless. The current album will never measure up to the one that came up before it, or even the one that came before that. You have to look at the album at the context it was written in at that moment and stop trying to turn it into something that happened years before. ...IARB is a fantastic album, but it's time to move on and experience what Max and Say Anything are doing right now.
07:27 AM on 01/23/12
mms13
User Info.
This leaked and it doesn't come out till March 13th?
08:21 AM on 01/23/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm trying to be a good fan and wait until the release to listen to the album. I can't defend the new album because I haven't heard it yet, but I can defend the self-titled. Max has always written songs that have been cheesy in nature. I believe it's a joke that he's in on. I think that's his intent. But that being said, he can also write incredibly powerful lyrics. Just look at the lyrical content in "Ahhh...Men", which was off the self-titled. I think that was one of Max's best songs he's ever written.

I don't like to compare album to album. It's kind of pointless. The current album will never measure up to the one that came up before it, or even the one that came before that. You have to look at the album at the context it was written in at that moment and stop trying to turn it into something that happened years before. ...IARB is a fantastic album, but it's time to move on and experience what Max and Say Anything are doing right now.
You will like it. It is more stripped down and has slower sweet songs with the same aggressive tone Max. The instrumentals of the album are my favorite part but the lyrics aint half bad either.
09:02 AM on 01/23/12
ladedadada
The first rule of flying is love.
User Info.
Fucking yes. I endorse this message. Great song. I even love the line "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven girl?". That's the way true love translates, in my opinion; cheesy and wide-smiled.
Yeah, like, what's wrong with cheese? I think people hear sincerity and earnest music and think it's cheesy. Like when Pitchfork gave Mumford and Sons a 2-point-whatever for Sigh No More... f that shit, basically
04:28 PM on 01/23/12
Nightfox33
User Info.
I will always support Max and will buy this album.
09:09 PM on 01/23/12
joshc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the new say anything cd is incredible, stop hating. max bemis has his shit together, kind of sort of, at least in a good song writing sense.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums