AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Release Date News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

OLP Release Date

Posted by - 05:39 PM on 01/21/12
Our Lady Peace will release Curve, their eighth studio album, on April 3.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
05:49 PM on 01/21/12
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.

I actually kinda liked Burn Burn but I'm hoping this is better.
06:02 PM on 01/21/12
anamericangod
User Info.
More Spiritual Machines, less Burn Burn.
06:07 PM on 01/21/12
Stormsubsides
User Info.
The news of this pleases me. Love me some OLP
06:22 PM on 01/21/12
my_aim_is_true
Everything's Eventual
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
More Spiritual Machines, less Burn Burn.
This, and a little Gravity, please.
06:26 PM on 01/21/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Hated Burn Burn.

It was a shame to me because in terms of creativity, "Healthy" had them slowly getting back on the right track IMO.

My expectations are very low. Everything they did with Mike Turner was a lot more interesting.
06:26 PM on 01/21/12
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
A track off of it:
06:30 PM on 01/21/12
anamericangod
User Info.
This, and a little Gravity, please.

That album caught a lot of shit for being too mainstream when it came out, but it is a fantastic rock record.
Hated Burn Burn.

It was a shame to me because in terms of creativity, "Healthy" had them slowly getting back on the right track IMO.

My expectations are very low. Everything they did with Mike Turner was a lot more interesting.

Mike was the creative powerhouse behind the music. They certainly changed a lot since his departure. Steve is a good guitarist, but his style is completely different.

That was better than I expected.
06:40 PM on 01/21/12
starseed
pen?
User Info.
I liked Burn Burn for what it was: an attempt to reconcile their past with their present. It had a few pretty good tracks off it, but I will admit it's one of my least favorite OLP albums. I'm very much interested in how this one turns out though, because they seem to really want to re-embrace the way they were on their past albums. I think they can pull it off if they apply themselves.
06:53 PM on 01/21/12
my_aim_is_true
Everything's Eventual
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That album caught a lot of shit for being too mainstream when it came out, but it is a fantastic rock record.

That album was single-handedly responsible for transitioning me into rock music as my choice genre, so I have some deep love for it.
06:55 PM on 01/21/12
leifstar
l.i.a.r.
User Info.
I was just thinking of them. Excited.
06:57 PM on 01/21/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.

I agree, mostly. In fact, if I hadn't caught Innocent on VH1 I wouldn't have known about the band at all.

It's a better record than most of the commercial rock it was meant to compete with. I'll listen to it when I'm in touch with my cheesy side. But mostly, it helped me find out about a wonderful, albeit "dead" band.

---

New song is OK-ish, although the guitars are really so damn boring compared to the old stuff.
07:07 PM on 01/21/12
anamericangod
User Info.
I agree, mostly. In fact, if I hadn't caught Innocent on VH1 I wouldn't have known about the band at all.

It's a better record than most of the commercial rock it was meant to compete with. I'll listen to it when I'm in touch with my cheesy side. But mostly, it helped me find out about a wonderful, albeit "dead" band.

---

New song is OK-ish, although the guitars are really so damn boring compared to the old stuff.
I'd been a fan of the band since Naveed, which came out when I was 11 or some shit, so growing up with them and then finally hearing a straight up rock album took some time to adjust to. But even if it wasn't as experimental or quirky or unique in the way OLP had come to be known, the songs were great and the production was top notch.

Unfortunately, the following albums didn't quite build on that and were rather watered down in comparison. Here's to hoping this brings back whatever has been missing.
07:21 PM on 01/21/12
InfiniteArms
#Nygma
User Info.
I hope they go back to the way they were in 2001/02. There past few efforts haven't been so great..and Burn Burn was absolute horrible piece of what the f*ck.

"Heavyweight" is better than I expected.

EDIT: Okay, Burn Burn wasn't THAT Bad. I just remember really really really not enjoying it
07:38 PM on 01/21/12
starseed
pen?
User Info.
Burn Burn was absolute horrible piece of what the f*ck.

I think that's really harsh. Some of those songs, especially "Monkey Brains", "Escape Artist", and "Paper Moon" are totally on par with their usual stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos