AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Myspace News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

TWLOHA and the Impact Awards

Posted by - 12:20 PM on 08/15/07
Vote for To Write Love On Her Arms on Myspace's Impact Awards, where they can win $10k to help the organization.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
12:21 PM on 08/15/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Press ReleaseTo Write Love on Her Arms is a finalist for this month's MySpace Impact Awards. The category is "Community Building". It's pretty huge, MySpace donates $10,000 to the winner. If we win, half of that money will go directly to treatment and recovery through the organizations we currently support (Hopeline, Mercy, Teen Challenge, S.A.F.E., KidsHelp Australia), and the other half will go a long way towards helping us launch LIVE HELP via twloha.com.

Beyond the $10k, the winner will be featured on the front page of MySpace for one week, featured on the Impact Awards page for a month, and listed as a previous winner for the rest of the year.

We want to win. The front page of MySpace is the busiest single page on the entire internet. We can think of no better place for hope. We want to win because we want people to know that they're not alone. We want people to believe that rescue is possible, and we want people to believe that they are loved.

We know you in “the business” have been a HUGE part of this thing with us and we are grateful for and humbled by your support. We’re asking for your help on this….

1. The biggest thing you can do is to encourage your various peoples, bands, etc. to go to www.myspace.com/impactawards and vote for To Write Love on Her Arms. (i.e. bulletins, email blasts, blogs, whatever)
2. YOU CAN VOTE ONCE A DAY. WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY.
4. Voting opened today and closes Friday, so over the next two days, we invite you to wear a shirt, tell a friend, etc.

Thank you. This is yours. WE did this. Not any one person. This story matters. We want to talk about the stuff that nobody wants to talk about. We want to see lives change. We want to see broken people smile. Who would have thought that a story could grow to this, that t-shirts could spark life-changing conversations? We stumbled upon a conversation that needed to be had. Let's see how far we can take it.

www.myspace.com/impactawards
www.myspace.com/towriteloveonherarms

- Jamie and the TWLOHA folk
12:27 PM on 08/15/07
After Hours
and Monday, too
User Info.
For sure!
12:29 PM on 08/15/07
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
you can vote everyday too. Please vote for TWLOHA.
12:33 PM on 08/15/07
goughjustin
Justin Gough
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
when i voted yesterday they had 93% of the votes...i think they may win
12:50 PM on 08/15/07
Summer_81
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TWLOHA ROCKS! Help stop the bleeding, go vote!
01:03 PM on 08/15/07
keeplioving
sell my old clothes
User Info.
can someone honesty tell me what's so great about this organization and what they actually do? the only thing I've been able to gather is that it's about "suicide prevention". it just seems like the "cool thing" to do is wear those shirts and put it on your myspace page. it's not like most people even actually do any more to support causes. they just want to pretend like they do.

who else has been nominated? I can't seem to find it and I'm sure there are better causes than TWLOHA.

sorry to be bitter about this, but I have my reasons.
01:09 PM on 08/15/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
can someone honesty tell me what's so great about this organization and what they actually do? the only thing I've been able to gather is that it's about "suicide prevention". it just seems like the "cool thing" to do is wear those shirts and put it on your myspace page. it's not like most people even actually do any more to support causes. they just want to pretend like they do.

who else has been nominated? I can't seem to find it and I'm sure there are better causes than TWLOHA.

I think to call charitable organizations "better" or "worse" than another is pretty ignorant. If you think about it, it's all relative - essentially how close does the organization's goals come to aligning with your own.
01:15 PM on 08/15/07
starcrossdlovex
Vicky.
User Info.
Yessss. Everyone needs to be voting every day.
01:16 PM on 08/15/07
maxrabkin
Josh Hamilton: The Natural
User Info.

Its ok to be skeptical; I've noticed that it is the "scene" thing to support these days. But the organization itself is very worthwhile. Often times, suicide/depression isn't a topic people want to talk about. They provide information, a wonderful story, and do it all without judgment.

If nothing else, TWLOHA took the topic of suicide out of the hands of aiden and papa roach, who made a living off marketing to these kids. Its sick when you think about it.
01:17 PM on 08/15/07
scottwh
Rawk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd love to vote. But the voting box only shows up in IE and I can't login into myspace on IE for some dumbass reason. But everybody else please vote.
01:19 PM on 08/15/07
drugs!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
to help pay for the buses when they tour with all the cool bands
01:32 PM on 08/15/07
keeplioving
sell my old clothes
User Info.
I think to call charitable organizations "better" or "worse" than another is pretty ignorant. If you think about it, it's all relative - essentially how close does the organization's goals come to aligning with your own.

that might have been how it came out, but that's not what I meant. I meant more worthy of that award. no one in the past has been able to really tell me what they've done and I can read into it all I want but it still leaves me confused. so of course I'm skeptical. but I was never comparing.
01:39 PM on 08/15/07
keeplioving
sell my old clothes
User Info.
Its ok to be skeptical; I've noticed that it is the "scene" thing to support these days. But the organization itself is very worthwhile. Often times, suicide/depression isn't a topic people want to talk about. They provide information, a wonderful story, and do it all without judgment.

If nothing else, TWLOHA took the topic of suicide out of the hands of aiden and papa roach, who made a living off marketing to these kids. Its sick when you think about it.

thanks. isn't there another organization that does this too? the one that puts on the Take Action Tour? I know that they spread word about suicide prevention and whatnot.
01:41 PM on 08/15/07
eMart
hurm
User Info.
that might have been how it came out, but that's not what I meant. I meant more worthy of that award. no one in the past has been able to really tell me what they've done and I can read into it all I want but it still leaves me confused. so of course I'm skeptical. but I was never comparing.
It seems more illogical that they would have "awards" for the best charity. Maybe they should just give the money to the charity that needs it the most in terms of what they do.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos