Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 214.
02:49 PM on 01/22/12
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
honestly i listen to such a wide range of music that there is little for anyone to be surprised by. i dont think anyone scrolls through my itunes and is shocked that i have justin bieber to massive attack to limp bizkit to ace of base to pulp in there.

what i listen to is largely a result of two things: what i take the time to seek out and listen to, or who is touring in my area that i want to check out to see if i would like to see live.
02:51 PM on 01/22/12
williek311
User Info.
I guess my collection of classical/romantic music is the most out of place.
02:56 PM on 01/22/12
Reece Wagner
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't typically listen to harder music, but I've always had a soft spot for both Coheed and Cambria and At The Drive-In. "Cosmonaut" by ATDI is one of my favorite songs ever, and I'd pledge serious devotion to several C&C albums. I don't know why those two bands, since my favorite bands are more along the lines of Third Eye Blind, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab, The Weakerthans, etc.
02:57 PM on 01/22/12
Michael1002
Attack and Rescue Mikkelles
User Info.
Damn, thanks to this thread this is going to be a strange week full of country music. Just started listening The Little Willies - For The Good Times.
02:58 PM on 01/22/12
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.
I wouldn't really say any of the stuff I listen to is "out of place" - I just have a taste that's all over the map in most cases. But, if we're talking not in the usual genres of music I listen to - some of the classical and piano based stuff, like Evgeny Kissin, is probably up there.
This is definitely how I am also.
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Damn, thanks to this thread this is going to be a strange week full of country music.
Hahahaha I'm sorry.
cshadows2887
User Info.
I will say I don't understand how SO many people can say some variant of "I like everything....except country! Fuck country! Ew!"
03:00 PM on 01/22/12
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
I will say I don't understand how SO many people can say some variant of "I like everything....except country! Fuck country! Ew!"
Probably because they equate today's "rock and roll with a twang" country with real country.
03:03 PM on 01/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I get it when this is what you hear on the radio ...

03:03 PM on 01/22/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Probably because they equate today's "rock and roll with a twang" country with real country.
Even still, there's something to like in most every genre. Pop-country isn't my biggest go-to, but there's a handful I quite enjoy. But yeah, I imagine that's the case.
03:04 PM on 01/22/12
Michael1002
Attack and Rescue Mikkelles
User Info.
No problem! Love this thread already. I already broadened my music taste over the last two years, so I'm curious what will be next after rap, indie and country.
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
User Info.
something tells me star slight and tater bro are gonna fight in here again
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
Even still, there's something to like in most every genre. Pop-country isn't my biggest go-to, but there's a handful I quite enjoy. But yeah, I imagine that's the case.
It's just ignorance, plain and simple.
03:07 PM on 01/22/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
I get it when this is what you hear on the radio ...

Yeah but since when is the radio a bastion of quality anymore? Do they make their decisions about any other genres off the radio?

Also, that song blows, but some of Aldean's stuff is excellent. The guitar playing is so good.
03:08 PM on 01/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
something tells me star slight and tater bro are gonna fight in here again
My name is Jason -- not tater bro.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music