Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 55
11:45 PM on 01/22/12
Penguin
We only want to sing you to sleep
User Info.
Awesome review for what I'm sure will be an awesome album. Great job!
11:54 PM on 01/22/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Going to give this band another shot. Never gave them the proper listen after dismissing their debut album. This review made me really excited to hear this record. Personally, I love the influence of all those bands you mentioned and it makes the two songs I've heard off this album loads of fun to blast on full volume.
their last 2 albums are their best imo. Introducing is ok too. They have gotten a lot better since their debut. That album is alright at best but everything after was an improvement and a fantastic listen.
11:56 PM on 01/22/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The title of this album bothers me a little. The church of rock and roll already exists and its pastor is Craig Finn. (Although from the review, I get the feeling that the "church" in this album is markedly difference than the church of the hold steady, drawing parallels with modern mega churches compared to Finn's house churches). I'll have to actually listen to the album before hating though =P
12:07 AM on 01/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Great album. (It's) Too Late Babe and The Temple are my jams. I will be buying this on tuesday.
I didn't have room in it for my review but It's Too Late is a great song, the vocals on that remind me of "Connect" from the last record. Really awesome chorus.
12:21 AM on 01/23/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I didn't have room in it for my review but It's Too Late is a great song, the vocals on that remind me of "Connect" from the last record. Really awesome chorus.

Connect is a great song too. Their music is just plain addicting I've been on a crazy non stop Foxy Shazam binge since Rolling Stone released the stream for this album.
01:43 AM on 01/23/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
this album is so fucking good. seriously it's all i've been listening to this past weekend

hell yeh

- Gunz
04:28 AM on 01/23/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
I really love this album; it's so much fun. Definitely will be buying it.
07:01 AM on 01/23/12
The:Whaler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
agree with pretty much every word of this review. I know it's not a track-by-track, but surprised you didn't mention "i wanna be yours", that song is my most played off this album so far, so funky and catchy. love this band.
07:31 AM on 01/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Nah
07:40 AM on 01/23/12
Rickaly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spoke exactly what I thought when I listened to it. Great first 3/4, Last Chance At Love the catchiest song, slows down on the last 3 songs but still intimate.
08:06 AM on 01/23/12
brainconfetti
walking is still honest
User Info.
Started listening to Foxy Shazam because of this review.
08:18 AM on 01/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Started listening to Foxy Shazam because of this review.
08:28 AM on 01/23/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Fantastic album. I am glad bands like this still exist. I get that most of this style of music has been done before but it is refreshing to hear Eric's voice and this style of music still going. The Church of Rock n' Roll could not of been a more appropriate title for this release.
08:56 AM on 01/23/12
ladedadada
The first rule of flying is love.
User Info.
Yeah, I'll be checking this out
09:02 AM on 01/23/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I have to check this out still, and their self titled. I feel like I'm really late and missing out on this band

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos