AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Hydabrink - Eyes Shut Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 8
Production 8.25
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 8.75
Final Verdict: 81%
Member Ratings
Vocals 7.75
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 8
Production 8.5
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.25
Average: 81%

Hydabrink - Eyes Shut

Reviewed by: Nathan Lint (08/15/07)
Hydabrink - Eyes Shut EP
Released: 2007
Unsigned

Who?

A trio out of Lancaster, California whose band would be the son of Incubus and the younger brother of Envy On The Coast that doesn't get as much attention as they should. They have also been following the Warped Tour all summer selling their record.

How Is It?

Travis Limon can sing, no questions asked. The EP is short, sweet, and to the point. If you liked any of the aforementioned bands, you'll love these guys. It starts off with the cutthroat self titled opener, "Eyes Shut", which has Brandon Boyd written all over it, the vocals really shine. They slow it down for the next track, "Your Own Way" where Limon shouts "You had to have it your own way." "Tomorrow's Someone Else" and "From Here" are the songs where guitarist Rob Crenshaw and Alastair Wilson give a chance to show off their talents while Limon keeps killing you with his pipes. The EP finally ends with "Only Way You'll See", and from there it just ends. It ends when it probably could've let up to another five more songs. This EP really makes you wonder whats next for the trio.

Sounds LikeIncubus, Envy On The Coast, The Color Green, Awesome Pipes, Dictionaries

www.myspace.com/hydabrink

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
11:02 AM on 09/01/07
RelaxNoRelapse
Live from Slane Castle
User Info.
they utilize the cowbell nicely
03:59 PM on 09/01/07
losnoufy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i saw these guys at warped...my friends and i listened to them on their ipod and would have bought it but we had just spent all our money. they seemed like really cool dudes.
08:31 PM on 10/21/07
FreshyFresh23
Laying Down the Law
User Info.
i saw these guys at warped...my friends and i listened to them on their ipod and would have bought it but we had just spent all our money. they seemed like really cool dudes.

dont lie, you had enough money
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums