AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Verse Unsung, A - The Autumn EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 6.75
Lyrics 7.5
Production 8.5
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 8
Final Verdict: 78%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 7.75
Production 8
Creativity 9.25
Lasting Value 9.25
Reviewer Tilt 8
Average: 85%

Verse Unsung, A - The Autumn EP

Reviewed by: Nathan Lint (08/15/07)
A Verse Unsung - The Autumn EP
Released: August 4th, 2007
Label: Somnio Artist Group

Who?

A Verse Unsung is a quartet out of Minneapolis that writes really powerful songs that would appeal to fans of bands like Dropping Daylight and any band with christian undertones (but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have them).

How Is It?

I got a lot more than I was expecting when I opened a cd case with a pink rose on it. I was expecting a different kind of band. Which is a good and bad thing. This band is looking to go places, Jake Scherer (vocalist) has a great voice. But I feel that they're trying to sound too "epic" too soon. With a full length on the way, I hope they manage to correct this error. The bright spots on The Autumn EP definitely are "I Lived, I've Loved, I Lost", "Cali", and "The Fall Part 1". "I Lived, I've Loved, I Lost" starts with Scherer yelling out "My heart has stopped again". The vocals soar, the repative chords fall sour. The track that got to me first on this EP was definitely "Cali", and is truly where everyone in the band in the band click. "The Fall Part 1" is an intro which what looks like is to come, it's a nice little acoustic diddy. All in all, The Autumn EP shows signs of greatness, but i'm not convinced that with their upcoming full length they'll be able to truly shine yet. But what do I know? I'm a writer for some webzine. Prove me wrong guys.

Sounds LikeAnberlin, Dropping Daylight, Chasing Victory, Bands Huge In Canada who are unknown in the USA

www.myspace.com/averseunsung

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
03:19 PM on 10/24/07
tragic ending x
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love all of it. Definitely worth getting.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS