AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video Games News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Games Round-Up (01/23/12)

Posted by - 08:29 PM on 01/23/12
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
08:29 PM on 01/23/12
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Anthony for putting this together:

Games Round-UpHello everyone, Anthony here for another week of the Gamer Round-Up. This week is going to be a quick one, so strap yourselves in!

TOPIC OF THE WEEK
What do you think about the reveal for Resident Evil 6? Are you excited or not so excited?

THE WEEK IN GAMING

-Perhaps the biggest news to hit this week, Capcom revealed to the world Resident Evil 6 this past Thursday. The title has a release date for November 20th this year and will be available for the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 with no word yet of a PC or Wii U port. You can watch the three and a half minute reveal trailer here.

-It looks like you're going to have to wait a little bit longer to play the next chapter in the story of Max Payne, as the upcoming third title has been delayed. The title, originally slated for a March release, will now appear in the fiscal 2013 year with Take-Two taking a net loss in the process.

-In some odd news this week, a recent mod for Skyrim was released that replaces the dragons in the game with one of the ponies from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. You can view a video of the mod here.

-Ken Livine, creative director for the upcoming Bioshock: Infinite, has announced that the game will feature a new mode called 1999 Mode. The new mode, of which it's tweaks and features have yet to be revealed, is promised to have a demanding difficulty level and a Game Over screen if you lack the resources to respawn.

-A coalition of game publishers, including Ubisoft, Atarti, and Codemasters, have announced last week that they are demanding their money from those who have pirated their games. The coalition, whom also comprises of other publishers, are preparing to take legal action against the pirates, due to lost profits.

-Bioware has announced that the new character for Mass Effect 3, James Vega, will be voiced by none other then late 90's teen idol, Freddy Prinze Jr. The game is still scheduled to be released this March.

-Robomondo, the developer for the upcoming HD remake of Tony Hawk Pro Skater, has reveled a few more levels included in the remake. The levels will include Mall, Phoenix, Hanger, Marseilles, and Venice along with the previously announced Warehouse and School 2. Also yes, the game will feature manuals and reverts.

-And finally, it appears that social game juggernaut Zynga has entered a bit of finical trouble. The company's stock has been struggling in price and the company has been spending more money on less users, paying over 120 million dollars for advertising purposes when only 400,000 new users, which is about 300 dollars per user.

That's it for this week's Round-Up! Sorry it's not as organized or structured as I'd hope, I've been a tad busy lately and I didn't have the time to use the new layout but fear not! The regular Round-Up will appear next week with another slab of this week's gaming news. So see you guys next week!

This week's news has been brought to by Joystiq and Destructoid.
Contributor: anthonydarko
08:50 PM on 01/23/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Sucks that Max Payne is delayed!
09:10 PM on 01/23/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
The only thing video game related to I'm interested in right now is the Jak and Daxter collection that comes out in two weeks! ...but also Mass Effect 3 is going to consume my life for a while.
09:25 PM on 01/23/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Best rumor of the week: Rocksteady's next game will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and will feature gameplay/progression similar to their Batman games.

http://www.ology.com/technology/rock...-game/01232012
09:49 PM on 01/23/12
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
seriously. just give us Infinite.
10:02 PM on 01/23/12
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
1999 Mode sounds incredibly interesting - and something that should be implemented (as an option) more often. Thanks for the roundup.
10:55 PM on 01/23/12
grimis16
User Info.
Excited about new RE, even though I was super letdown with #5
11:07 PM on 01/23/12
GrantCloud
User Info.
max payne delayed?? didn't see that one coming..
11:10 PM on 01/23/12
grimis16
User Info.
Best rumor of the week: Rocksteady's next game will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and will feature gameplay/progression similar to their Batman games.

http://www.ology.com/technology/rock...-game/01232012
would be AMAZING
12:46 AM on 01/24/12
mickmadethelist
Troy and Abed on the iiiiiinternet
User Info.
1999 mode sounds awesome. Also-New Twisted Metal will have online pass and come with skins for Starhawk.
06:50 AM on 01/24/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Really looking forward to both bioshock and RE
07:41 AM on 01/24/12
Mikey Paine
Please respect my #NoFlexZone
User Info.
That MLP mod is awesome. Makes me wish I had a gaming PC.
09:11 AM on 01/24/12
himynameisjoeyc
Long Lost Friends
User Info.
Too excited for 1999 mode in Infinite...also, who else had THPS as the soundtrack to their younger years...i did. It changed my outlook on music.

Millencolin- No Cigar :)
10:26 AM on 01/24/12
ohitsmark
www.markvphotos.com
User Info.
I hope RE6 will be better than RE5.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles