Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Questions For Rocky Votolato

Posted by: Lueda Alia (01/23/12)
I'll be talking to Rocky Votolato tomorrow regarding his upcoming album Television of Saints, which is the perfect follow up to the stunning True Devotion. If you have any questions regarding the new album, or any of his previous releases, please leave them in the replies and I'll try my best to get them answered.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
09:14 PM on 01/23/12
like yesterday
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"perfect" follow up? Hmm.
09:26 PM on 01/23/12
Lueda Alia
User Info.
"perfect" follow up? Hmm.
Oh, I remember you!

Anyway, yeah the new album is great. I'm excited for more people to hear it.
11:51 PM on 01/23/12
remoteCONTROL
We're a band.
User Info.
Him and David Bazan (among others) have done several living room show tours over the past couple of years. This seems to work out really well for them because they can take their act down to an intimate level like that and still have it be just as powerful as a ballroom/theater show, and it's still a great way for a decently sized solo artist to sell $20 tickets and for them to make a solid living while on tour. I can see a lot of other artists possibly going this route, especially those from bands who were once huge but have since dwindled (either due to their genre fading out or shitty label situations, etc) and know they still have fans across the country who would love a unique show experience like that. My question is, since this idea seems pretty revolutionary in this age of music, what other ideas is he trying out to make the most of a shitty downturn of the music industry? What has he tried that maybe hasn't worked out so well?
12:28 AM on 01/24/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
With all the recent reunions of bands from the late 90s / early 00s era, is there any way Waxwing might give it another go?
01:06 AM on 01/24/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Could he picture himself with a permanent band (backing band or a project he's a member of) again at this point in his career? Or does his future really lie in being a man and a guitar?
01:22 AM on 01/24/12
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Favorite tattoo artist in Seattle (he's pretty inked up)? Favorite musicians from the Northwest? Favorite song off the new album? How was the experience with Barsuk? Restaurant of choice in Seattle?

I'm from Seattle, thus the Seattle questions. Haha.
08:13 AM on 01/24/12
Eva Friedman
I'm the girl who makes it out alive
User Info.
Jealous. Very jealous.
08:54 AM on 01/24/12
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Is that your real name? Like, on your birth certificate? Because, if so, awesome. Also, coming to Florida anytime soon? Mainly, North Florida?
05:16 PM on 01/24/12
NomarZednem
User Info.
how much harp will be on the new album in contrast to the last one?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests