Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 99.
08:37 AM on 01/26/12
JacobStiller
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Everyone expected blink to sound like blink. Its been eight years what you expect. They came back and they're the same ans their music is still ahead of our time. Stop hatting hatters
08:42 AM on 01/26/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Agreed. Don't know where all the hate is coming from

Seriously.. It took the best parts on their S/T and infused some AVA/+44 into it. It worked out fantastic IMO and this is coming from a person who was expecting the worst initially.
08:42 AM on 01/26/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Here's hoping they watched KeezyKabeezy's covers and maybe took notes for a song or two.
08:44 AM on 01/26/12
bradfoshoo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
people are saying neighborhoods isnt good because it took so long to get out and they built it up as the best thing since sliced bread.

its a damn fine record, i enjoy every song on it.

looking forward, but it wont be out for awhile. mark dosent have the side projects the tom and travis do, so of course he can jam more.
08:48 AM on 01/26/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
I am glad Mark is at least getting some ideas together. Given the other projects Tom and Travis are involved with, I don't expect anything new for a while. In a perfect world I would have the Transplants record and AVA stuff get completed quickly so Blink can get a head start on the new record. My reasoning is that the band got in a grove of sorts towards the end of Neighborhoods as most of the better songs came later in the process. I want to keep tapping into that.

Is Tom involved in other projects? As far as I know, Angels and Airwaves is on a break and all Travis is doing is Transplants, which he did on the reg while Blink was a unit in their original run. I'd say this will be late 2013/early 2014, at the earliest.

Here's hoping they watched KeezyKabeezy's covers and maybe took notes for a song or two.

What notes are their to take? He just took Blink's old "Enema" sound and made it his for a Blink cover song.
08:56 AM on 01/26/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I love neighbourhoods from start to finish. I just don't get why people people think it's a disappointment. I'm not even that hardcore of a blink fan I just think it's a great album. Anyway its nice to know blink still has a future.

British much?
09:01 AM on 01/26/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Is Tom involved in other projects? As far as I know, Angels and Airwaves is on a break and all Travis is doing is Transplants, which he did on the reg while Blink was a unit in their original run. I'd say this will be late 2013/early 2014, at the earliest.
I know AVA has played some shows, but for some reason I thought they were going to have other stuff coming up. I could be wrong, though. I was mostly taking Mark at his word when he said Tom was doing AVA haha.
09:05 AM on 01/26/12
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
Loved Neighborhoods, I really can't say I was disappointed at all. But now that the "reunion album" is out of the way, I think the next album will be even better.
09:10 AM on 01/26/12
WeeBey Brice
User Info.
Proof he is the only person that cares about blink...
He may be, but I wouldn't highly source an English based media outlet interviewing one member of the band proof. (Who happens to also be a current resident of said country)
09:11 AM on 01/26/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
It'll be out in 2015 after Tom finishes his vocal lessons
09:15 AM on 01/26/12
ChaseTx
I know AVA has played some shows, but for some reason I thought they were going to have other stuff coming up. I could be wrong, though. I was mostly taking Mark at his word when he said Tom was doing AVA haha.
http://modlife.com/AngelsAndAirwaves/tour
09:18 AM on 01/26/12
jon.
User Info.
Loved Neighborhoods, I really can't say I was disappointed at all. But now that the "reunion album" is out of the way, I think the next album will be even better.
QFT
09:19 AM on 01/26/12
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Only 10 Songs?!?!? What The Fuck!?!?
09:22 AM on 01/26/12
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
to each their own with their opinions about this. personally, i love the latest album.
09:23 AM on 01/26/12
xrider105
This is closure once and for all!
User Info.
They'll love it in three years. Remember the backlash against their last three albums at release time?

Glad to see Mark is the one writing... That's the one thing Neighborhoods lacked. I did some calculating and found that the first 4 albums were 50/50 Mark/Tom, but the last two have been like 35/65.

Wow. Is it weird that I did this too? I counted out how many songs were just Tom, just Mark, and both of them. They are normally 50/50, but blink has been very Tom heavy lately.

Edit: I'm on the liking side of Neighborhoods. "Even If She Falls" is possibly one of my favorite blink-182 songs ever.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums