Drive Thru Records News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 789.
01:21 PM on 01/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
SHE

BURNNNNNNSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

x
Best part about this ... I can hear that in my head as I read it. Just perfect.
01:23 PM on 01/26/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I can say NFGs self-titled album is my favorite drive-thru album. Finch and TSL's debut come in second, wait, fuck, I forgot about SoCo, their my favorite, no, it has to be New Found Glory.....maybe Finch......
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Ball was dropped!

Heh. From what I remember they wanted FOB for Rushmore, and FOB wanted DTR or nada.

And then John Frazier was doing a lot of work for DTR during this era, but wanted a little more control (from what I heard) - and wasn't allowed to sign bands - so he left and went to Tooth&Nail ... and was responsible for a lot of the bands that got signed (mae, anberlin, etc.) during that burst as well.
I bet Richard and Stephanie will never stop thinking 'What if?'
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I have their original ECA records album somewhere

Definitely bought this from Interpunk. Presently at work, can't remember if I still have it or not. Bet I could get BIG BUCKS for it on eBay.
Scuba Chris
...has a gambling problem
User Info.
Remember the streaming radio player on the drive thru web site? I would listen to that during study hall every day while I was looking for new dtr bands and looking at their tour dates
Oh yeah, same here.
I remember that song being posted on their very old website ... soon as it started, I knew that band was going to dominate the world. Hahah. I listened to that album more than just about any other album I've ever owned.
Man, I wish NFG would have been more successful over the years, we all know they deserve it, but it is certainly a testament to them that they are still producing awesome music and it's still the same five guys that started the band (I know Cyrus wasn't technically the original drummer)
Fun fact: Me and 2 friends of mine (including Sean Van Vleet who sings for Empires) folded all 5,000 pizza boxes for that comp.
Wow, that must have taken awhile. The packaging and liner notes for that comp were the best.
01:24 PM on 01/26/12
chr1s
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I got into DTR around 2001 or so, when I heard Somewhere on Fullerton on one of the music channels. My then (and current) girlfriend went out and bought me it, which considering we were 13 or 14, was probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. After that it snowballed. TEN, TSL, HIPV, Finch, got them all. And then, college hit, and bam, DTR dropped off the radar. Was a sad day, but I hadnt discovered this or any other music site by that point, so I missed all the drama. But I still have many memories of listening to and watching these bands. I'll put a list together now.

1) Allister - Last Stop Suburbia
2) Something Corporate - Leaving through the Window (probably my all time favorite record)
3) Homegrown - Kings of Pop
4) The Early November - For All of This
5) The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
6) The Movielife - 40 Hour Train Back To Penn
7) Houston Calls - A Collection of Short Stories
8) New Found Glory - Nothing Gold Can Stay
9) Hidden in Plain View - Life in Dreaming
10) Finch - What it is to Burn

Special mentions go to Senses Fail, Steel Train and Jenoah.

(Apologies for missing out Midtown and Fenix*TX, I completely missed the boat with them and still havent listened to them).
01:24 PM on 01/26/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I have their original ECA records album somewhere, used to talk to the lead singer all the time before they signed with DTR (very underrated - since they were on that tail end as well - and they were never quite sure what sound they wanted to be as a band during that shift) -- the connection with them, ended up leading me to a young kid playing acoustic blink covers and actually meeting with DTR at one point.

His name was Max Bemis.
Halifax was quite big with the release of 'Inevitability of a Strange World' that sold almost 7,000 first week out. But you're right, they were on a sinking ship at that point.
01:25 PM on 01/26/12
wall e
no rule says dog cant play basketba
User Info.
Best part about this ... I can hear that in my head as I read it. Just perfect.
I was fortunate enough to see part of Finch's set during Bamboozle 08. So good.
01:26 PM on 01/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Fun fact: Me and 2 friends of mine (including Sean Van Vleet who sings for Empires) folded all 5,000 pizza boxes for that comp.
Hahaha. That must have been a bittttch.
01:27 PM on 01/26/12
stollio
User Info.
I'm glad someone mentioned the benjamins...they were awesome. And the welcome to the family comp had some great songs...3,720 To 1, Konstantine, the 2 home grown demos of give it up/not alone.

But yea top 5:
1. NFG Self Titled
2. Finch WISTB
3. Early November accoustic EP
4. Starting Line - SILYMI
5. Something Corporate - LTTW

Honorable mentions:
HelloGoodbye EP
Hidden In Plain View - Resolution

Hidden In Plain View will always have a special place in my heart after I saw them give a 'concert' on a skate ramp in the back of a shitty skate shop in Omaha, NE with like 12 kids there. They gave it their all like it was a packed house, and it was awesome. It also opened my eyes to how resilient you have to be to survive in a band.
01:28 PM on 01/26/12
Scuba Chris
...has a gambling problem
User Info.
So much for trying to get anymore work done this afternoon. Thanks Jason.

It's going to be just like back in the college days when I would spend all morning at my stupid office temp job refreshing the general forum to chat it up.
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm glad someone mentioned the benjamins...they were awesome. And the welcome to the family comp had some great songs...3,720 To 1, Konstantine, the 2 home grown demos of give it up/not alone.

But yea top 5:
1. NFG Self Titled
2. Finch WISTB
3. Early November accoustic EP
4. Starting Line - SILYMI
5. Something Corporate - LTTW

Honorable mentions:
HelloGoodbye EP
Hidden In Plain View - Resolution

Hidden In Plain View will always have a special place in my heart after I saw them give a 'concert' on a skate ramp in the back of a shitty skate shop in Omaha, NE with like 12 kids there. They gave it their all like it was a packed house, and it was awesome. It also opened my eyes to how resilient you have to be to survive in a band.
I wish they would've continued after 'Resolution'. They had so much potential.
*Ro'
www.playitloudfuckers.com
User Info.
Quite ironic TDR's last release is named The End of an Error (at least according to Wikipedia).
01:29 PM on 01/26/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I love all the obvious choices (NFG and TSL are two of my all-time favorite bands), but I just want to continue some of the love I'm seeing for Day At The Fair's The Rocking Chair Years. Such an awesome record.
01:29 PM on 01/26/12
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
something corporate Leaving Through the Window hellogoodbye zombies aliens vampires dinosaurs Sticks and Stones and catalyst are my top favs
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS