Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45
02:14 PM on 01/26/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Okay, can someone answer me this--what exactly does Pete do in this band? I mean, is he remixing stuff, and making beats, or just tagging along?
runs around on stage and poses for photos
02:15 PM on 01/26/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Well that's what the point of an electronic mix tape is, unlike hip hop mix tapes. It's just like a recording of a DJ set basically.
Yeah, I guess I get that... this whole thing just seems so weird
02:15 PM on 01/26/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Well that's what the point of an electronic mix tape is, unlike hip hop mix tapes. It's just like a recording of a DJ set basically.
So wait - you mean I can release all the mix CDs I've made for girls, give myself a dumb pseudonym and call it an "electronic mixtape"? And people will think I'm an artist?
02:16 PM on 01/26/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I don't want to live on this planet anymore...
02:17 PM on 01/26/12
cxf2015
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pissed they never released their own songs. Ive heard studio versions of club called heaven and dr jekyll. But when I saw them live they had a full set list. And he's said so many times that they have more than enough for a cd.
02:18 PM on 01/26/12
cxf2015
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

When they were still an actual band he wrote lyrics and played bass. What this is now I have no idea.
02:24 PM on 01/26/12
Acc3ptance
Stalk On!
User Info.
no
02:25 PM on 01/26/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
I anti love it
02:27 PM on 01/26/12
Paul Tao
User Info.
So wait - you mean I can release all the mix CDs I've made for girls, give myself a dumb pseudonym and call it an "electronic mixtape"? And people will think I'm an artist?
Well you'd have to beat match, mix the songs, etc., so that it flows together as if you were a proper electronic DJ, not a wedding DJ, know what I mean? That is a very basic explanation of it, as the better DJs can do more than just some mixing and stuff.
02:28 PM on 01/26/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Well you'd have to beat match, mix the songs, etc., so that it flows together as if you were a proper electronic DJ, not a wedding DJ, know what I mean? That is a very basic explanation of it, as the better DJs can do more than just some mixing and stuff.
Okay, so I'll be back in like a couple days. Gonna go play around in GarageBand
02:28 PM on 01/26/12
Paul Tao
User Info.
Listen to any of the Essential Mixes from BBC 1 to see what an electronic mix tape is like, that's the easiest resource to check them out. What you're saying is technically true but that's like saying using a piece of wood from a door to surf is the same as using a surf board.
02:29 PM on 01/26/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Listen to any of the Essential Mixes from BBC 1 to see what an electronic mix tape is like, that's the easiest resource to check them out. What you're saying is technically true but that's like saying using a piece of wood from a door to surf is the same as using a surf board.
haha, that's a good analogy.
02:33 PM on 01/26/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.

You mean the same stuff he's been doing for the last five years?

*ba dum crash*
03:13 PM on 01/26/12
MikeyJam
what shape is punk?
User Info.
ok wow you guys are pretty ignorant when it comes to EDM (not that i would really expect more from a forum like this, but still..jeez)

i think mix is actually pretty good, and i'd say the strong point comes from the individual track choices, as there are lots of my favorites in here, but also some good stuff i've never heard before. especially loved the jay-z/porter/nero mashup edit they did for the finale!
at 5 tracks involving skrillex i think he could tone that down a bit though haha...i wonder if they're still in contact after the past few years..?

as for black cards, this is like a mix that pete and spencer would play at a DJ set. i'm pretty sure black cards is doing more than just mixing and remixing though, because pete's been mentioning on twitter that he's been writing lyrics lately and has confirmed the existence of "black cards feat. cobra starship"...whatever that could mean.
03:18 PM on 01/26/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
ok wow you guys are pretty ignorant when it comes to EDM (not that i would really expect more from a forum like this, but still..jeez)

i think mix is actually pretty good, and i'd say the strong point comes from the individual track choices, as there are lots of my favorites in here, but also some good stuff i've never heard before. especially loved the jay-z/porter/nero mashup edit they did for the finale!
at 5 tracks involving skrillex i think he could tone that down a bit though haha...i wonder if they're still in contact after the past few years..?

as for black cards, this is like a mix that pete and spencer would play at a DJ set. i'm pretty sure black cards is doing more than just mixing and remixing though, because pete's been mentioning on twitter that he's been writing lyrics lately and has confirmed the existence of "black cards feat. cobra starship"...whatever that could mean.

Nothing very promising.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version