Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 68
08:30 PM on 01/26/12
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
User Info.
Huzzah!

Last I heard they were still trying to figure out label stuff... so I'm guess they're not.
08:41 PM on 01/26/12
mmmhayleymmm
Paramore / Hayley
User Info.
just came by to say..

YESSSSSSSSSSS!
08:42 PM on 01/26/12
deadjean
Tie Me Up! Untie Me!
User Info.
I guess im in the minority when I say that I think their last album was an utter disappointment. I loved a->b life, catch for us the foxes is one of the greatest albums of all time. Brother sister was incredible and also seemed to be a natural progression for the band. Then I couldn't stand the new album. I gave it so many tries. In my opinion everything that made mewithoutyou incredible was gone on the new album. aaron's honest introspective lyrics became boring fables about animals. the sense of urgency in his vocals was gone. the energy the band had in the past was replaced by bland folk tunes. Just my opinion. But I love everything else these guys have done so much that I'll absolutely give the new one a chance.
09:12 PM on 01/26/12
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
just came by to say..

YESSSSSSSSSSS!
Dude I just wanted to say I think it is AWESOME that you dig them so hard. It's really cool to see where peoples roots are. And while I'm not too big a fan of Paramore (just pop/punk in general), it makes me respect you SOOOOOOO much seeing that you dig these guys as much as you do!

On another note, I would LOVE to see Paramore cover a MWY song!!!
09:27 PM on 01/26/12
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
Is that Patton Oswalt?
I see the resemblence!
10:24 PM on 01/26/12
sweethypocrisy
ortizshow.podbean.com
User Info.
YES

that is all
10:31 PM on 01/26/12
MWdrew
User Info.
Where do you guys reccomend I start with this band?
I'd start with either Catch Us or Brother, Sister. A>B life is my personal favorite but I also understand they aren't going to make an album like that again.
10:46 PM on 01/26/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

Catch Us For The Foxes is an absolute classic. It takes several listens for it to click but I'd say the best way to get introduced into why this band is so revered is to watch the video for January 1979. If you like it, then Brother Sister is a great album that is similar to CUFTF. Their debut is good but a bit rough sounding all these years later. Finally, pretend that their newest ("Crazy...") doesn't exist. It's folky sounding horseshit...which is why I'm not too pumped about the upcoming CD.
10:47 PM on 01/26/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Not sure how to feel about this, I like to pretend their last album doesn't exist.

Agreed, I just said something similar.
10:50 PM on 01/26/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
I guess im in the minority when I say that I think their last album was an utter disappointment. I loved a->b life, catch for us the foxes is one of the greatest albums of all time. Brother sister was incredible and also seemed to be a natural progression for the band. Then I couldn't stand the new album. I gave it so many tries. In my opinion everything that made mewithoutyou incredible was gone on the new album. aaron's honest introspective lyrics became boring fables about animals. the sense of urgency in his vocals was gone. the energy the band had in the past was replaced by bland folk tunes. Just my opinion. But I love everything else these guys have done so much that I'll absolutely give the new one a chance.
I agree 100%. It's especially annoying to see elitists make it sound like the second coming of Christ.
10:53 PM on 01/26/12
IceAge/HeatWave
Jesus rides beside me
User Info.
i really can't stand the first album, even though a lot of people on here seem to like it. however, any of the last three are outstanding. the newest one (it's all crazy!) is a bit more of an acquired taste, and a massive departure from the albums before it. aaron weiss' actual singing voice seems to grate some people versus his "shouting" voice, but i dig it. i actually would go as far as to say i like the last record a more than Catch for Us the Foxes.

Brother, Sister is the best.
11:18 PM on 01/26/12
Whatareyoudylan
User Info.
I hope it doesn't sound like the farm album.
11:25 PM on 01/26/12
Whatareyoudylan
User Info.
I would go as far as saying each album is a separate entity. It depends what style of music you like more. I wouldn't say that one is musically "better" than the others because they're all so different.
12:31 AM on 01/27/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Not sure how to feel about this, I like to pretend their last album doesn't exist.
Yup.
01:12 AM on 01/27/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Catch For Us the Foxes. Thats just me though, I never dug A to B Life.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos