Username
Password
No Trigger News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
No Trigger
Inside AP.net

Five Cents for Every No Trigger Album Sold

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/27/12)
Coffee and Cigarettes Clothing is promising to donate 5 cents to HRC for every copy of No Trigger's Tycoon sold in the first week. Check out a video explaining why, in the replies.

Submitted by AReiss

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18.
09:23 AM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:13 AM on 01/27/12
fyfbooking
For Your Friends Booking
User Info.
$.05? That really seems like a drop in the bucket
10:19 AM on 01/27/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
So about five bucks, then?
10:38 AM on 01/27/12
_veges_
User Info.
It's a good gesture, but i really don't think it will be a whole lot.
10:51 AM on 01/27/12
AReiss
Coffee & Cigarettes Clothing Co.
User Info.
$.05? That really seems like a drop in the bucket
I understand how it can seem that way, but this is where power in numbers comes in. I'm trying to encourage more people to pick up the No Trigger album with the incentive of that purchase having some good consequences beyond someone getting a rad CD.

Let's say the album sells 3000 copies, which I think is a rather conservative estimation; that's 150 bucks. Drop in the bucket? Depends how you look at it, but without any drops the bucket would be empty. If every one of their facebook fans bought the CD, I'd be donating almost 300 bucks. That's cool.

And like I said in the video, I'm also inviting other companies and organizations to match my donation. This would certainly help. I wish I could donate fifty cents or a dollar for every copy sold, but I quite frankly don't have the means to do that. Some good is better than no good.

tl;dr It's important to avoid the mentality of things being too small to make a difference. And things add up.

And thanks for checking out the video. :)
11:33 AM on 01/27/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This is cool that they're even doing this!

Can't wait for the album
12:44 PM on 01/27/12
s2h72
User Info.
This is cool that they're even doing this!

Can't wait for the album
this
12:44 PM on 01/27/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Really cool idea. Props.
01:14 PM on 01/27/12
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
They're giving a whole Nickelback!
01:15 PM on 01/27/12
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
On a side note, any amount is good. Best of luck!
01:16 PM on 01/27/12
craigboliver
I Am Shark
User Info.
HRC = Hot Rod Circuit = confused at first...
04:45 PM on 01/27/12
hardpill
Get Well Incentive
User Info.
I was about to say... new mink coats for everyone in HRC!
12:26 AM on 01/28/12
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
I understand how it can seem that way, but this is where power in numbers comes in. I'm trying to encourage more people to pick up the No Trigger album with the incentive of that purchase having some good consequences beyond someone getting a rad CD.

Let's say the album sells 3000 copies, which I think is a rather conservative estimation; that's 150 bucks. Drop in the bucket? Depends how you look at it, but without any drops the bucket would be empty. If every one of their facebook fans bought the CD, I'd be donating almost 300 bucks. That's cool.

And like I said in the video, I'm also inviting other companies and organizations to match my donation. This would certainly help. I wish I could donate fifty cents or a dollar for every copy sold, but I quite frankly don't have the means to do that. Some good is better than no good.

tl;dr It's important to avoid the mentality of things being too small to make a difference. And things add up.

Giving up a tiny amount of money to try to push more records is all I got from that, aha.

$150 for 3000 units is pretty small.

What are your best estimates for this?

It is a drop in the bucket compared to this in charity topical news:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...e_raised_over/
01:25 AM on 01/28/12
fyfbooking
For Your Friends Booking
User Info.

Yeah, but it's within the first week. Do you feel that the first week sales will be in excess of 3,000 units? Either way, $5, $50, or $150 any amount to charity is cool and I agree with you on that.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests