AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Drive Thru Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Thank You

Posted by - 09:29 AM on 01/27/12
Gotta say, yesterday's discussion about the Drive-Thru Records' generation was one of the best moments I've had on the website in a long time. Talking with so many people that experienced similar things, hearing the stories, listening to the music again at the exact same moment I knew others were ... it was one of those days that really solidifies why I run a music website. Hearing from all the bands and people involved in the label, via twitter, email, facebook, and in the thread -- it was a special day. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that participated in it. Lots of stuff coming up today, so I've unstickied it - but the conversation is still going on.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
09:54 AM on 01/27/12
shoop
User Info.
where's the 'like' button when you need one?
09:54 AM on 01/27/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Hey Jason - Is there any way you can compile the responses from the people involved with DTR? I don't mean to be lazy, but it's a huge thread to get through to see just those. Plus, I'd love to see the tweets and e-mails too.
10:02 AM on 01/27/12
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
Thank you Jason for posting that yesterday. Just one of the many reasons I visit this site everyday. Shows how important music is to each and every one of us and the memories attached to those bands and songs.
10:05 AM on 01/27/12
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
This period was definitely my favorite so far in the history of the genres that I listen to. So much good music and so many good bands on one label. Looking back at what their roster used to be sometimes it's hard to believe.
10:14 AM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hey Jason - Is there any way you can compile the responses from the people involved with DTR? I don't mean to be lazy, but it's a huge thread to get through to see just those. Plus, I'd love to see the tweets and e-mails too.
I could do my best ... maybe in a bit, got some other stuff I have to finish up first. Then I'll see if I can write a quick script to grab just blue name comments.

And the email from the Reines was similar to the Facebook message Richard posted (I thnk there's a screen capture in that thread).

I RT'd a bunch of stuff on my and APs account. Tried to not spam too many people.
10:27 AM on 01/27/12
WordzandDreamz
and a million screams...
User Info.
Two big thumbs up for that thread.
10:30 AM on 01/27/12
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
One of the best threads on this website.
10:45 AM on 01/27/12
BlackTaxi2d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i was a part of the best ap net thread ever !

seriously, did i mention Jason was right on with his Finch description ?
10:50 AM on 01/27/12
asthenia*
Never to see any other way...
User Info.
I could do my best ... maybe in a bit, got some other stuff I have to finish up first. Then I'll see if I can write a quick script to grab just blue name comments.

And the email from the Reines was similar to the Facebook message Richard posted (I thnk there's a screen capture in that thread).

I RT'd a bunch of stuff on my and APs account. Tried to not spam too many people.
thank you for getting me into the starting line. that ep is great, saddest girl story is such a jam
11:08 AM on 01/27/12
Alex_Burton
Paulson / Alex
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That thread definitely brought me back to some of the best times I ever had. Drive Thru was always really great at making kids like me feel like I was part of something bigger than myself. I cut my teeth in nearly every aspect of music from writing it to starting my own label to going on my first tours and even just getting to Los Angeles for the first time. I have to say it felt really great to revisit some of those memories. Thanks for starting up that discussion.
11:20 AM on 01/27/12
dearmsterri
User Info.
It was a pretty great discussion, Jason. Keep up the good work. So, thank you!

Also, it made me feel old to hear some kids today don't know what DTR was//is.

Also, if I ever could see the old school DTR website, oh man it would be a time machine.

EDIT: I found the website this is circa 2003 - http://web.archive.org/web/200301240...s.com/home.asp
11:47 AM on 01/27/12
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
heyyy maraca, hey heyy maraca.
11:50 AM on 01/27/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Yeah, I was stoked for the Thursday Discussion yesterday and it definitely lived up to the excitement.
12:22 PM on 01/27/12
sooverratedyeah
I like bands before your sister!
User Info.
As much I'd like to say I might know these bands without this website I would be lying. Before this website I knew Blink 182, Saves The Day, Showoff, and all the semi famous ska bands of the 90s but this website extended my reach and knowledge of music including the fabulous time as a fan of the Drive Thru era. For that Jason Tate I thank you very much! (AIM used to be the thing back in the day!)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos