mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
thanks for havin me abpunk :)
Let's do thissss
01:03 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Still playing WoW? I'm 4 years sober.

Still playing... about 5 years and counting. Because you're recovering i won't tell you to come join <Lights Guild> on Korgath....
01:04 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
What songs should we expect to hear on the Siberia US tour? I'm coming to the first date :)

We're playing mostly songs from Siberia and def some older stuff too. Do come!
01:05 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Just wanted to ask I know this is kind of random but I'm a hockey fan and was wondering if you've considered singing the Canadian National Anthem and possibly the American one at a hockey game? That would totally awesome! You'd definitely blow the audience away with your beautiful voice!

Man, if I had the chance to belt it out at an NHL game I totally would. I would probably slip on the ice :(
01:07 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Do you ever think of attending any university? If so, are there any in particular you are interested in?

Will you be able to talk and take pictures with fans during your Washington D.C. show at 9:30 club in a month? ♥♥♥

I'm actually taking online university courses, computer sciences. I try to meet people when I can at shows!
01:08 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Ever since i here The Listening many years ago I had completely fallen in love with you. So now that you are getting married it breaks my heart a little bit, but I'm more excited for you. My question is, are you going to continue to make your beautiful music after you are married?

aw tiny violin!
I will never stop making music, unless my fingers get too old and frail and snap off when i try to chord on the guitar. Then I might. But it's too fullfilling and too much of a blessing. couldn't give it up.
01:09 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
How did the writing process from Siberia differ from your previous albums/EPs?

A lot of Siberia, in contrast to previous stuff, was written from jam sessions. When I got together with the Holy Fu*k guys we just played, keyboards linked up through gaters/compressors/distortion, whatever. It was really fun, ironically organic for electronic music!
01:11 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
I've finished adding to my collection of your albums to my shelf recently. Can't wait for more. :)

Thank you for supporting!! I still buy CD's, something irreplacable about hard copy music.
01:12 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Are you going to use the keytar for any songs on Siberia?

Contrary to popular belief, the keytar is actually just a midi controller, meaning it has no sound banks of its own. It needs to be run through another keyboard in order to make noise, it's just a means of being more mobile on stage!
01:14 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Does your hair really grow that fast or do you wear extensions? Also, who's your favorite artist/band and what's your favorite song? Also, is your clothing style inspired by anyone or did you come up with it on your own? Also, are your teeth naturally white or do you use white strips? Also, how did you meet Beau? You can answer all of these or just some or even just one, idc. :) Love you! <3

That's a lot of questions in one! I don't wear extensions, it's taken me since 2006 to grow my hair this long. My style is mainly just what's comfortable, it morphs through time though. I brush 3 times a day! And I met Beau at a Taking Back Sunday reunion show, one of our fav bands.
01:15 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Do you ever check out fan Tumblr's that people have created for you? I thought I'd throw in a random Tumblr question in here...:)

I totally do lurk tumblr. Some people are hilarious.
01:15 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Hey Lights! Do you plan on releasing any singles, music videos, or EPs this year?

I have released something every year since '08 so this year hopefully wont' fall short of that trend! I have things in mind. Keep your eyes and ears peeled!
01:16 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
Where are your favourite places to hang out/eat/see live music in Toronto??

One of my fav spots in Toronto is Sneaky Dees on College and Bathurst. They have wicked nachos, great Caesars, and awesome karaoke/nostalgic pop-punk nights upstairs. Great spot!
01:17 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
i saw you in toronto in november and when you were singing Flux and flow i was singing along and everything & You just rocked the house ;)

Thank you! Flux and Flow is a banger, love playing that one live. It hits all the extremes! That was the point of the song :)
01:19 PM on 01/27/12
mynameisLIGHTS
User Info.
what was your first tattoo and how old were you when you got it?

I had just moved to Toronto from Vancouver when i was 18 and got these two sparrows on my hips from this hole-in-the-wall walk up joint on queen street. Sparrows can fly all across the world but always know how to get home.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS