AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Artist Power Rankings (January 27th)

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/27/12)
With so much going on around the website today, it took me until 4pm to finally be able to sit down and write this thing. Damn, I'm like an hour away from being able to write this thing with a beer and really see some sparks fly. Lost opportunity. Okay, let's work on this week's "power rankings" and take a look at what bands and topics dominated the website last week.

1) Drive-Thru Records
NoteThe label was #6 on last week's charts; however, with arguably one of the better news threads we've had in forever - the label is up at #1 this week. I saw this thread everywhere. So many responses, so many views, so many fantastic stories. It made the week for me, and hopefully for many others as well. Here's to the Drive-Thru Generation.

2) Lights
NoteIt's a good thing I waited until after the chat was done to put together this week's list. Holy synth did that thing blow up. A bazillion views and replies in the span of two hours. I'm most excited that our servers were able to handle the traffic. But the fandom in there was great as well. Barely any of the internet creepsters I was expecting - and I think everyone had a great time.

3) Two Lights
NoteTwo is not better than one. Definitely less attractive. Definitely less popular. Yet somehow got an article published in Time about how much it costs them to basically not be a band. Real headscratcher. Funny thread though. Dollars to donuts this is the last time the band is ever on any "power ranking" chart.

4) fun.
NoteBetween the behind the scenes video, and the new (very good) song - fun. had a great week here on the website. Reading through the thread on the album - fans are really looking forward to the new album. I have a feeling this might be the album that lets the rest of the world in on our little secret. I hope the band explodes ... they deserve it.

5) blink-182
NoteThe news of Mark working on new songs, someone's not so small thing, an update on the TOYPAJ vinyl, and finally some information on the Blinkumentary -- Blink really had a lot of news going on this week. Man, being able to post news about this band again, on a consistent basis, is just amazing.

6) Say Anything
NoteLast week the band was at #3 -- and this week there were still some good stories, like the band's new single going up for stream, and clips of the album up as well. But compared to last week, these weren't as big of stories.

7) Soundgarden
NoteChris Cornell had a lot of shit to talk. Ummmm ... should he really be the one talking?

8) Set Your Goals
NoteThe band is working on new songs, and it appears from the comments, that everyone is really hoping for a return to form album. Of course, the inevitable Thomas' jokes were great too.

9) Anthony Green
NoteThe man just released a brand new album, but his live performances (which included a Saosin song) really got people excited last week. This reminds me that I need to go give his new solo release a spin or two. Been slacking off on that. What's the consensus on that one?

10) Paramore
NoteNot a whole lot going on in the Paramore camp (besides currently winning our reader poll for most anticipated of 2012 - full results coming next week) ... but with an American Idol cover, and Taylor getting a home make-over ... there were just enough comments and views to sneak the band in to the top 10. Got a feeling that as more information about their upcoming album starts to come out ... they'll creep up the list.

And there we have it: this week's rankings. Hope everyone had a great week around the website, I know it's been one of the more memorable for me. Hope you're finding something great to listen to, and that everyone has a great weekend. And with that ... I'm out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
04:47 PM on 01/27/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
No Skrillex or Attack Attack!? That sucks, I love those artists...
04:47 PM on 01/27/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
jason, it's always beer o'clock somewhere.
04:48 PM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
jason, it's always beer o'clock somewhere.
05:04 PM on 01/27/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
New Anthony Green is solid. It's very Good Old War-y if that inspires you to check it out.
05:26 PM on 01/27/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Now the real question is, will the servers be able to handle the Good Charlotte Fam?
05:43 PM on 01/27/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
I really like this feature, but isn't it basically just like list that's here on Saturday rounding up the most popular topics/reviews?

Not trying to be a dick... just asking..
06:07 PM on 01/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I really like this feature, but isn't it basically just like list that's here on Saturday rounding up the most popular topics/reviews?

Not trying to be a dick... just asking..

One takes multiple threads about a band and it's popularity into account - it's subjective to me too on some levels. . The other is pure algorithm of the top commented threads.
06:21 PM on 01/27/12
Michael1002
Attack and Rescue Mikkelles
User Info.
This thread always gives me a WWE feel. Which band will represents the Undertaker, Chris Jericho or CM Punk. The Attack Attack position is taken by Zack Ryder.
06:52 PM on 01/27/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Oh no a TDS news post wasn't one of the biggest of the week. I guess its time for Cody to punch Jason's mom and then tweet about it.
07:27 PM on 01/27/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
Oh no a TDS news post wasn't one of the biggest of the week. I guess its time for Cody to punch Jason's mom and then tweet about it.
08:26 PM on 01/27/12
LightningKid665
6-3-0... 6-3-0...
User Info.
So far, I have ten 2012 albums on my good list. Anthony Green's is at the top.
08:34 PM on 01/27/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
One takes multiple threads about a band and it's popularity into account - it's subjective to me too on some levels. . The other is pure algorithm of the top commented threads.
lets

go to the mall
11:05 PM on 01/27/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
11:56 PM on 01/27/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

Ugh do you cry every time someone mentions TDS? Shut up.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests