AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Round-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Australian Music Round-Up (01/29/12)

Posted by - 08:03 AM on 01/29/12
Head to the replies to read this week's Australian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
08:03 AM on 01/29/12
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Tim for putting this together:

Australian Music Round-UpGeneral News

In shocking news Gotye won Triple J's Hottest 100.

According to Heatwave promoters the festival was a success. Not according to these guys, or these guys, or these guys. Or even this guy...

For an alternate take on the Hottest 100, check out the real winners.

More Big Day Out drama.

Soundwave now has an online radio station. Check it out!

Tour News

Extra Soundwave tickets on sale! Get in quick! Plus Mission In Motion have been added to the bill.

Anyone heading to Parkway Drive in Geelong? Venue Upgrade!

The Bride have announced some club shows.

Fat Boy Slim sideshows.

- More Sidewaves (WTF?!)

Attack! Attack!, The Cab, River City Extension

Cobra Starship, Forever The Sickest Kids, These Kids Wear Crowns, Kill Hannah

Cathedral, Paradise Lost and Turisas

Hyro Da Hero

Australian Song Of The Week

Check out this epic version of Brother by Matt Corby, he loses his shit at the end!

Contributor: timb89
12:13 PM on 01/29/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
That Matt Corby song. What a powerful performance.
02:02 PM on 01/29/12
timb89
Australian Music Roundup
User Info.
That Matt Corby song. What a powerful performance.
It's insane right?!
05:04 PM on 01/29/12
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Heard that version on dat der radio the other day.

Blew my dick off.
05:33 PM on 01/29/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
I don't agree with that "real winners" of the hottest 100. Just cause Richard kingsmill at jjj decides what songs he wants to flog the most on the station all year doesn't mean that it's the nations favourite alternative track.
The system is fine and I the proper list shows the nations faves. Let's not forget a large majority of voters only listen to jjj once a year on jan26
09:17 PM on 01/29/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
I don't agree with that "real winners" of the hottest 100. Just cause Richard kingsmill at jjj decides what songs he wants to flog the most on the station all year doesn't mean that it's the nations favourite alternative track.
The system is fine and I the proper list shows the nations faves. Let's not forget a large majority of voters only listen to jjj once a year on jan26

Three artists that didn't chart which I could not believe - Cut Copy, Friendly Fires and Last Dinosaurs
09:19 PM on 01/29/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
Also, look forward reading any potential articles of Kanye just taking over BDO, going 40 minutes overtime. It was an amazing show, but probably seemed unnecessary by a lot of people
09:45 PM on 01/29/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Also, look forward reading any potential articles of Kanye just taking over BDO, going 40 minutes overtime. It was an amazing show, but probably seemed unnecessary by a lot of people
He was sooooooo good!!
I was completely stoked with going overtime. He can do what he wants and not like anyone was after him on that stage. He's genius. Had a good dance, every song was awesome. About 24 of them and a lot of loooong ones.

And I even managed to catch the last few songs of Noel Gallagher. Played don't look back in anger and a few oasis classics.

Soundgarden were a bore waiting for them to finish for Kanye.

Bluejuice, Amity, Parkway and Living End all had great sets
09:49 PM on 01/29/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
He was sooooooo good!!
I was completely stoked with going overtime. He can do what he wants and not like anyone was after him on that stage. He's genius. Had a good dance, every song was awesome. About 24 of them and a lot of loooong ones.

And I even managed to catch the last few songs of Noel Gallagher. Played don't look back in anger and a few oasis classics.

Soundgarden were a bore waiting for them to finish for Kanye.

Bluejuice, Amity, Parkway and Living End all had great sets

Soundgarden were one of the worst things I've ever seen haha. Agreed on Kanye and Bluejuice, Architecture were great also. Girl Talk didn't do much for me, apart from the crazy girl stripping on stage haha
10:01 PM on 01/29/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Soundgarden were one of the worst things I've ever seen haha. Agreed on Kanye and Bluejuice, Architecture were great also. Girl Talk didn't do much for me, apart from the crazy girl stripping on stage haha
I was rat shit during Girl Talk. Think all those 3.5% strongbows got to me by then! Thank god I got my shit together by Kanye. I remember a Kelly Clarkson song during him? Shattered I missed stripping girl

And seeing a hero Tony Hawk skate to the backdrop of My Chem Romance was very cool!
10:07 PM on 01/29/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
I was rat shit during Girl Talk. Think all those 3.5% strongbows got to me by then! Thank god I got my shit together by Kanye. I remember a Kelly Clarkson song during him? Shattered I missed stripping girl

And seeing a hero Tony Hawk skate to the backdrop of My Chem Romance was very cool!

Haha I wouldve liked to have seen Tony, but I think I was at the bar. What did you think of the stage set up and set times. I thought it was terrible. Surely you'd put bands like Foster The People, Art Vs Science, Bluejuice and Architecture on the same stage or work it a little better to ensure less clashes. Even the heavy bands seemed to be spread out across the stages
10:22 PM on 01/29/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Haha I wouldve liked to have seen Tony, but I think I was at the bar. What did you think of the stage set up and set times. I thought it was terrible. Surely you'd put bands like Foster The People, Art Vs Science, Bluejuice and Architecture on the same stage or work it a little better to ensure less clashes. Even the heavy bands seemed to be spread out across the stages

I didn't go too bad with clashes. Only ones for me were my chemical and getaway plan which are kinda close in genre

I think soundwave have it right. They tend to clump heavy metal and punk and hardcore on their own stages and you might only get a clash if there's someone you dig on main stage.
I want the timetable for that soon. They've had it out by Xmas before. I need to figure out if I gotta go to any side waves.
10:29 PM on 01/29/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
I didn't go too bad with clashes. Only ones for me were my chemical and getaway plan which are kinda close in genre

I think soundwave have it right. They tend to clump heavy metal and punk and hardcore on their own stages and you might only get a clash if there's someone you dig on main stage.
I want the timetable for that soon. They've had it out by Xmas before. I need to figure out if I gotta go to any side waves.
Yeah I went to the first few Soundwaves and thought they had it pretty good. I wouldnt mind seeing NFG's sideshow, but I'm pretty poor. I think I'm going to con someone to get me a ticket to The Raptures show for my birthday haha. Im pretty happy I got tickets to Matt Corbys Corner Hotel gig before he blew up because of the Like A Version
10:41 PM on 01/29/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Yeah I went to the first few Soundwaves and thought they had it pretty good. I wouldnt mind seeing NFG's sideshow, but I'm pretty poor. I think I'm going to con someone to get me a ticket to The Raptures show for my birthday haha. Im pretty happy I got tickets to Matt Corbys Corner Hotel gig before he blew up because of the Like A Version

NFG and TBS are actually few months after SW. I still need to get mine for that. Love NFG.

What song did Corby do for Version? That would've taken him back to the Idol days doing a cover

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos