Username
Password
Cobra Starship News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Cobra Starship
Inside AP.net

Cobra Starship New Album Details

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (08/20/07)
Cobra Starship's new album, If The World Is Ending, We Are Throwing the Party, will be in stores October 23rd. Check the replies for the full press release including track titles from the upcoming album.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 77.
04:06 PM on 08/20/07
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Press Release COBRA STARSHIP GETS READY TO “PARTY” ON NEW ALBUM;
PATRICK STUMP-PRODUCED COLLECTION REVEALED
AS ACCLAIMED DANCE-ROCK BAND CONTINUES ITS ENDLESS TOUR;
UPCOMING DATES INCLUDE EUROPEAN DECAYDANCE FESTIVALS;
“IF THE WORLD IS ENDING, WE ARE THROWING THE PARTY”
DROPS ON OCTOBER 23RD

Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen recording group Cobra Starship has disclosed early details of its new album, entitled “IF THE WORLD IS ENDING, WE ARE THROWING THE PARTY.” The album – which follows the band’s 2006 debut, “WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS, WE RULE THE STREETS” – will arrive in stores on October 23rd.
“IF THE WORLD IS ENDING, WE ARE THROWING THE PARTY” was recorded this month in Brooklyn, NY with Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump producing. Among the album’s many electric and eclectic highlights are such beat-crazy, dance-rock tracks as “Guilty Pleasure,” “Kiss My Sass,” “Fake Boobs and Rollerblades (Scandalous),” “Smile Real Wide for the Paparazzi,” and “Prostitution Is The World's Oldest Profession (And I, Dear Madame, Am A Professional).”
Cobra Starship – led by former Midtown frontman Gabe Saporta – will spend August heralding the upcoming release with a series of international dates, including performances at such world-renowned festivals as Japan’s Summer Sonic ’07, Belgium’s Pukkelpop, and the UK’s Carling Weekend at Reading and Leeds. In addition, the band will be among those participating in the first-ever Decaydance Festival. The three European dates – slated for August 19th at Koln, Germany’s Palladium, August 21st at Paris’ Olympia, and August 22nd at London’s Hammersmith Apollo – feature the Decaydance label’s best and brightest, including Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Gym Class Heroes, and The Academy Is… Cobra Starship will also join Fall Out Boy for a sold-out show at Edinburgh’s Corn Exchange on August 25th.
Cobra Starship emerged in the summer of 2006 and was immediately hailed as an exciting new outfit. Their first album, “WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS, WE RULE THE STREETS,” made a spectacular chart debut upon its October 2006 release, entering in the #1 spot on SoundScan’s “Top New Artists” chart. WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS…” also earned the band critical praise. “It cannot be denied that Saporta can craft one hell of a hook,” declared Alternative Press, “Every single one of (the album’s) swaggering 11 tracks is immediately likeable.” Newsday awarded the collection an “A-,” noting that “strong hooks…let Cobra Starship surpass new-new-wave bands like The Bravery and The Rapture at warp speed.” Moreover, Billboard named “WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS, WE RULE THE STREETS” as one of its “don’t miss discs.” The band hit the road hard right from the start, touring nearly non-stop through 2006 and 2007. Along with a series of increasingly larger headline dates, Cobra Starship took part in such all-star itineraries as the 7th Annual Honda Civic Tour (with Fall Out Boy, +44, Paul Wall, and The Academy Is…), the 2006 Bamboozle Left, and MTV2’s “Welcome to the Universe” Tour (with 30 Seconds To Mars and Head Automatica), as well as roadshows in conjunction with Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Gym Class Heroes, Boys Like Girls and Cartel.
www.cobrastarship.com www.myspace.com/cobrastarship
www.decaydance.com www.fueledbyramen.com
04:10 PM on 08/20/07
anamericangod
User Info.
I think that's a really good title. Let's hope the album's decent as well.
04:12 PM on 08/20/07
The Database
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yes! Can't wait.
04:15 PM on 08/20/07
CurtyB
gettin emo!
User Info.
hmm..now that there is actually a band for this album, maybe it will sound a bit fuller. i liked some parts of the first one, but i think it could have been better..im crossing my fingers
04:15 PM on 08/20/07
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
Didn't even know they were coming out with a new album.
04:16 PM on 08/20/07
Bovasaur
User Info.
Very cool. Sounds fun
04:17 PM on 08/20/07
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
I'm excited.
04:19 PM on 08/20/07
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
User Info.
I didn't really care for their debut, but I like most the album / track titles (especially the prostitution one, haha.)
04:19 PM on 08/20/07
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Awesome. I loved the first album.
04:20 PM on 08/20/07
lolimkate
suck a d.
User Info.
this seems like it was put together quickly, i hope it doesn't show.
but, i am excited to hear it.
04:22 PM on 08/20/07
Fueledbyhummy
User Info.
Sounds sick, looking forward to it.
04:26 PM on 08/20/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Gabe sucks.

/bait

jk I am looking forward to hearing this.
04:32 PM on 08/20/07
fromoc2dc
Here's Your Future!
User Info.
For some reason, I'm quite hopeful for this record. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
04:35 PM on 08/20/07
kailaSUPAHrad
User Info.
awesome!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music