AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Less Than Jake News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Less Than Jake
Inside AP.net

Less Than Jake Drummer/Lyricist Announces New Graphic...

Posted by: Christian Wagner (01/30/12)
Less Than Jake drummer/lyricist Vinnie Fiorello has announced a new graphic novel called "The Phone Call." Fiorello wrote the graphic novel and began tweeting the text from it today. The novel can be pre-ordered here, and will officially come out February 20. Press release and artwork are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
03:15 PM on 01/30/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Paper + Plastick Records owner and Less Than Jake drummer/lyricist Vinnie Fiorello began tweeting today the text from his brand-new graphic novel, “The Phone Call.”

Fiorello will continue daily tweets of the dialogue until the entire first issue has been revealed. “The Phone Call” was written by Fiorello, scripted by Matt Anderson and illustrated by Bart King. It is an original story, based on real events, that follows a drunken 20-something in a journey to answer life’s most pertinent question – “What exactly happened last night?” Fiorello says the graphic novel is, at times, a dark look into who people really are when they sober up and start asking the tough questions.

“The Phone Call” is the kickoff to a stellar year of comic books and graphic novels for the Gainesville, Fla.-based record label. Fiorello, who has long expressed his love for comic books, began the label’s stint in the genre in 2011, with four different webcomic series.

“Having the ‘Paper’ side of the label is a huge priority in 2012,” Fiorello says. “We have a few books and graphic novels planned, as well as an animated series.”

“Kill The Wonderhawks,” “50 States,” “Exit Interview” and “Perfect Teeth” all saw online releases in 2011, with “Perfect Teeth” getting a limited physical treatment. A cumulative release called “Words and Panels” featured the first episodes of the other three series.

“The Phone Call” is Paper + Plastick’s latest foray into comic books, and Fiorello expresses his excitement over releasing something he wrote himself.

“Having been at the lyrical helm for all of Less Than Jake’s existence, writing a complete thought with no word count in mind is refreshing,” Fiorello says from his Gainesville home. “Lyrics have a certain limitations, but for ‘The Phone Call’ and other literary projects I have going, I am assembling a complete world – not just small looks into those worlds.”

“The Phone Call” will be available on February 20. Preorders are here for only $3, and they will start shipping on February 15.

Also by Vinnie Fiorello:

Children’s book. Free download here.
03:38 PM on 01/30/12
mickmadethelist
Troy and Abed on the iiiiiinternet
User Info.
Vinnie has to be the only person to find a way to add hours to a day. No other normal human can stay this busy with a mere 24 hour day.
03:41 PM on 01/30/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Stoked on this. Physical copies look great!
03:45 PM on 01/30/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
He is a modern day renaissance man.
04:18 PM on 01/30/12
decrescendo27
www.KillLincolnDC.com
User Info.
Vinnie has to be the only person to find a way to add hours to a day. No other normal human can stay this busy with a mere 24 hour day.
truth.
04:59 PM on 01/30/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Physical copies are thick - just feels quality. Worth well more than the $3, I suggest if you want a record from the store, you just add this in. It's only an extra $4 with the $1 shipping.
07:39 PM on 01/30/12
Stroke
User Info.
How come is it only $3? Did they enslave people to make it?
If not (which I suppose), I am interested.
08:25 PM on 01/30/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Awesome!
03:54 AM on 01/31/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Haha, great call mate.

Vinnie is the man.
04:31 AM on 01/31/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
This is so cool.
09:14 AM on 01/31/12
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
I think I'll be getting this.
11:57 AM on 01/31/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
How come is it only $3? Did they enslave people to make it?
If not (which I suppose), I am interested.
Haha, no slavery - just gotta be smart production-wise.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums