AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Hit the Lights News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 77.
03:01 PM on 01/31/12
Bongi5788
User Info.
and idk why it hasnt been posted but I submitted that there is going to be a Set Your Goals, Cartel, Hit the Lights, Mixtapes tour ...we already have a Mass date announced in early April.
03:07 PM on 01/31/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
It's definitely a grower, but I like that they still kept some of their original sound and expanded it. Not for the pure pop punk crowd thats for sure.
03:10 PM on 01/31/12
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My question for Hit the Lights:

1) What the hell were you guys thinking when you put these slow-ass boring songs on your record?

haha
03:19 PM on 01/31/12
WarEagle84
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Quick question for those who might know more than me. Was the first EP actually released as an EP? If so, I'd love to get a copy on CD someday. I know that the scene leaked/released it on May 25th 2004 as an EP but was that when it was released?

I know for sure (because I own it, hence my answer up top^) that it was released on a split compilation album called "From Ohio With Love" on March 15th 2004 along with an EP each from A Day In The Life and Red Affair. I just wasn't aware it was released as an EP. I figured Leaving Town Tonight was just what the scene leaked it as because they didn't know the name of it. They also labelled "All Or Nothing" as "Sorry For" because it has it in the lyrics of the song. Along with "Loose Lips Sink Ships" being labelled as "Counter-Clockwise" Am I totally wrong here?

Basically I'd just like to know if there was ever an actual CD release of the first "EP", other than it being on "From Ohio With Love"?
Metallikunt,
The "Leaving Town Tonight EP" is not the same as the "From Ohio With Love" split they did with Hawthorne Heights (A Day In The Life) and The Red Affair, nor does it have the same songs.
Leaving Town Tonight EP was just a burnt blank CD for those attending the shows they used to do at a place called Stage Right here in Lima, Ohio. If you ever come across a "real copy" that looks like a normal production CD it's a counterfeit. You will likely never see a copy of that EP unless you get it from Nick, Omar, Colin or Ryan...or someone in the Lima area that still has their copy.
I'm not claiming to know everything about HTL, but I grew up with those guys and live in their hometown and have listened to them since before they were known as HTL, so if you have anymore serious questions, don't hesitate to ask.
03:25 PM on 01/31/12
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
Metallikunt,
The "Leaving Town Tonight EP" is not the same as the "From Ohio With Love" split they did with Hawthorne Heights (A Day In The Life) and The Red Affair, nor does it have the same songs.
Leaving Town Tonight EP was just a burnt blank CD for those attending the shows they used to do at a place called Stage Right here in Lima, Ohio. If you ever come across a "real copy" that looks like a normal production CD it's a counterfeit. You will likely never see a copy of that EP unless you get it from Nick, Omar, Colin or Ryan...or someone in the Lima area that still has their copy.
I'm not claiming to know everything about HTL, but I grew up with those guys and live in their hometown and have listened to them since before they were known as HTL, so if you have anymore serious questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Awesome. I figured the story might be something like that. I figured it would be some kind of CD-R also. Either way it's nice to finally have an answer regarding this. I'd kill to own an actual CD copy of it, or even just for the songs on it to be ripped to FLAC and sold ... hell, even a copy of a copy of the CD-R lol.

Thank you for an actual answer on this. Certainly clears a few things up for me. I guess I shall go listen to the leak of the first EP then, I always assumed I had it on that compilation CD haha.

Oh well, the search for that rare gem, goes on. Hopefully one day ....

PS: Thanks for being genuine about your answer and not being one of those "know it all" assholes who speaks down to people. I appreciate that :)
03:26 PM on 01/31/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
It's definitely a grower, but I like that they still kept some of their original sound and expanded it. Not for the pure pop punk crowd thats for sure.
I am a fan of the band in general and I do not listen to just "pure pop punk" haha, but this record just didn't appeal to me.
03:30 PM on 01/31/12
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
Been listening to Invicta ALL day. I'm genuinely in love with this record. The slower stuff took me by surprise but it definitely grows. Interesting but natural progression for the band. I'm liking it a lot. Will continue to listen to it for the rest of the day (and after of course) :)
03:49 PM on 01/31/12
thisisnotbrianm
User Info.
1) What was the first HTL EP called? Leaving Town Tonight
2) What instrument did Nick play before he sang for HTL? Guitar
3) What is Kevin's favorite food? Mexican
4) What is the name of the band dog? Chi
5) What food game does HTL play? The Sandwich Punch Game (one of the things on my bucketlist is to play this game with HTL!)

Fucking love Invicta. On my 4th play today, and I am definitely not disappointed. So happy for these dudes, they are some of the most dedicated guys in the industry.
03:51 PM on 01/31/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I am a fan of the band in general and I do not listen to just "pure pop punk" haha, but this record just didn't appeal to me.
Ya, its really a 'either you either love it or hate it' kind of record. And I only made that 'pure pop punk' comment because I saw a comment in regards to this album by I think you, that a lot of people will be turned off by it because it wasnt 'pop punk' enough. idk. But you cant deny that 'Gravity' is flawless.
03:57 PM on 01/31/12
hailz8
User Info.
1) What was the first HTL EP called? Leaving Town Tonight.
2) What instrument did Nick play before he sang for HTL? Guitar.
3) What is Kevin's favorite food? Cereal and Fish Tacos.
4) What is the name of the band dog? Chi.
5) What food game does HTL play? Sandwich Punch.

HTL<3
04:00 PM on 01/31/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
The answer is "broadcast television."
04:11 PM on 01/31/12
TakeThs2UrGrave
blink and you missed it
User Info.
1. Leaving Town Tonight
2. Guitar
3. Fish Tacos
4. Chi
5. Sandwich Punch
04:26 PM on 01/31/12
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
User Info.
Dude it's all about the Sandwich Punch!
04:55 PM on 01/31/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
Metallikunt,

is colin up to anything musically that you know? or still just detailing cars or whatever lol
04:56 PM on 01/31/12
Evil Gerald
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1) Leaving Town Tonight
2) Guitar
3) Fish tacos from Sombreros in San Diego
4) Chi
5) Sandwich Punch
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music