Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts.
01:03 PM on 02/01/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
woooooo awesome stuff, just read this on their twitter when i got home from work and was coming here to share but boom it is already up, im going to pre-order a of couple of them!!! :)
01:47 PM on 02/01/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
Grabbed the shirt,poster,cd preorder. Agree that its a little pricey, especially with shipping. :/

Ps. No interest in a puzzle, but it's a fairly novel idea. I wonder how many theyll sell...

even i agree about the puzzle being a bit weird of an idea and passed on it, its the same thing as the poster and how often would you really build it?? lol....i think price is very fair and a good deal, a cd cost about 13, a poster also cost about 10, a shirt cost about 20, a stencil cost about i dont know maybe 5 and 5 bonus tracks is like an ep for 5 so you save about 15 bucks which is great! i pre order the vinyl package and the cd package, i have pently of shirts so i passed on that and the puzzle we alreay said is a bit stragne of an idea
02:46 PM on 02/01/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
Surprised thusedfan isn't first to post in here

aww, its sweet how you remember me like that but i was at work so you beat me to it :)
03:20 PM on 02/01/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
Wanted to give a little more info/be as transparent as possible here.

1) Thanks to everyone who is excited for this record, we promise its very good. And this is all new stuff, just launched today.

2) All of the CDs and LPs through this pre order are deluxe, limited edition, and are only available through our store, so you wont find these Deluxe CDs/LPs or extras in other stores. So the price is a bit more than normal, but its a better product.

3) If these packages are not right for you don't worry, iTunes, Amazon, etc will all have the standard version (which is still very cool) up for pre order down the line, but they wont have the extra songs, or shirt/extras options.

thanks for updating us on that, i assumed that was the case...and the price is good too, i understand that i have to pay for greatness :)
05:28 AM on 02/02/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
Way to rip fans off who want the deluxe.
Looks like I'll buy the $10 version at Target and DL the bonus tracks.

not a rip off at all, 25 for a deluxe cd poster is a great deal...a deluxe cd is like 15 a post is like 10, that makes perfect sense!

So they think people are gonna pre-order from just listening to "i come alive"?

absolutly, people are going to pay for greatness...and all bands do things this way anyway
12:54 PM on 02/02/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
Oh I know that. I was making fun of how they ripped off jaw's sound COMPLETELY.

not even remotely, glassjaw is a terrible awful band and the used sound nothing like glassjaw, the used are so unique and different they are the only true rock band of modern times and are credited for creating a new genre of music.
12:55 PM on 02/02/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
You forgot to add shipping.
And I don't want any posters.

Whatever.

true, but shipping is not the cost of the bundle, thats the usps...and just hang the poster on your wall and enjoy it :)
02:32 PM on 02/02/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
Bert McKracken wishes he was a third as good of a vocalist as Daryl.
Bert is 10000000000000000000000000x better, daryl is not good at all, the used are the greatest band of all time!
04:17 PM on 02/02/12
the_used_fan
Prince of AbsolutePunk
User Info.
I missed the memo, what genre is it again?

theres not really a name for it, but when they came out no one knew what to put them under other then ROCK, so it was said they created a new genre of music, in recent years the call it gross pop rock but overall its jsut said they created a new genre of music....they are so unique from recording on the beach to throwing pots and pans from john feldmanns kitch at bert to pump him up or using a didlo to rub against the guitar......gosh the more i talk the more unique the used continue to get, hands down the greatest rock band ever and only true rock band of modern times!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests