Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 142 of 142
07:01 PM on 02/08/12
Anthony1111
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess this album's greatest strength (and greatest weakness) is that it's solid. There isn't a song on the album that doesn't fit in with the rest of the collection, but that can also make it seem monotonous and lacking in variety. I feel that the album's greatest moments come when you least expect them: This is a pop punk band, yet they sound their best when they aren't trying to be. "Should've Known" kicks off instantly with a mournful, distant guitar peal, something I definitely wasn't expecting, and setting off a distinction between the first and second halves of the album. As well, "Oh My God" purveys a certain distant, uneasy, spacey feel, yet it feels both sad and scared at the same time.

Overall, I really do enjoy this album. After the massive quantity of music that we all received last year, quality releases are spread quite thin in this one, so it's nice when one of them lives up to your expectations, and Invicta certainly does. Also, it kind of reminds me of Anberlin in some senses.
11:09 AM on 02/09/12
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Listening to the record now to review on the radio next week. It's not doing much for me at all. I think, as others have pointed out, it's a fair and solid release, but it becomes incredibly monotonous very quickly. Everything just seems to blend together.

Hit the Lights has never really been my cup of tea, though, so that could have a lot to do with it.
05:48 AM on 02/10/12
SubhiMarciano
User Info.
awesome record awesome dudes yupp yupp
01:14 PM on 02/15/12
AaronChristley
Around and About
User Info.
Great Review.
08:43 AM on 02/29/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not too sure about this band, il have to check out this album
05:11 PM on 03/26/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
I posted on here awhile ago already, but I am listening to this album right now and felt like I should comment again since my opinion has changed a lot after listening to the album over and over...
Phenomenal work, I am a huge fan of Pop-Punk music but an even bigger fan of the progressive Pop-Rock, Alternative, whatever you want to call it music that newer artists are coming out with.
The Graduate, Valencia, The Dangerous Summer, The American Scene, Strange Vacation, and now Hit the Lights. None of these artists are anything alike but you get what I'm saying? Progression, getting out of the comfortable feel and trying something new and not what everyone else in the scene is doing.
This album has grown on me a lot and I think their next release will be even better at this rate. Kudos.
09:24 PM on 08/17/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Decided to throw this album on again tonight. I just can't not love the production.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos