Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Vanna Face Line-Up Changes

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/02/12)
Guitarist/vocalist Evan Pharmakis and drummer Chris Campbell have left Vanna. Joel Pastuszak has joined on guitar/vocal duty, while the band will be using fill-in drummers for now. Statements from the departing members can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
03:34 PM on 02/02/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Statement from Evan PharmakisI'm sad to say that as of now I will no longer be a part of Vanna. I've decided that due to my current situation and not being able to fully support myself after seven years of hard work, it's time to start taking responsibility for my life, and move on. This band has grown a lot over the years and with growth comes change. When we started Vanna it was because we loved playing music, and once it developed it was this balance of writing what we loved while still creating music that all our fans would enjoy. Mixing business into that equation is a difficult task, and with five completely different personalities it's a hard act to balance. I've been struggling for the last two years trying to make it work for me and my life, and as much as I love it, I have to let it go.

The lyrics I wrote and sang in Vanna were about real life situations I went through and will always mean a lot to me. I hope they continue to help anyone who listens to them, through their life problems and difficult times. I hold no grudges towards the band and hope they hold none against me, and I wish the guys the best of luck with their decision to move on. I also hope that the fans we have won't take this too hard. The most special part of being in this band, for me, was seeing how much it meant to so many people. I pushed through the loneliness, anxiety and difficulty I have of traveling just to be there for everyone our music meant something to.

I love you all, every person with a Vanna tattoo, every person that felt a connection to the music, every person I stayed up late chatting on Facebook with about different problems they were going through. I couldn't possibly explain how much you all have meant to me. If you still want to hear me play music, you can check out my band "wind in sails" and I promise I'll keep writing honest music that I put my all into. Thank you all again so much for everything. The last seven years have been an experience I will never forget. To all my friends around the world, thank you for all your help, love and friendship. It means more than you know. Thank you all again very much. You are the white light, don't forget that.

Statement from Chris CampbellAfter two full length records, an EP, countless US tours, 3 incredible European tours I will no longer be playing drums in Vanna. I absolutely love playing music, and will continue to play but, it's time for me to move forward with my life. Vanna fans are some of the most die-hard music fans I've ever had the privilege of being involved with. Everything has been for you guys. Thanks to everyone who came to a show, bought a cd, or just hung out. It was rad.
03:37 PM on 02/02/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
03:42 PM on 02/02/12
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
glad they are pushing forward, good band
03:42 PM on 02/02/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
RIYL for this band?
03:43 PM on 02/02/12
mbarney82
User Info.
now only the bassist is the original member. oh well.i cant see them getting any bigger really. evan was a loss on vocals
03:45 PM on 02/02/12
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
Every Time I Die is probably the best answer you'll get
03:47 PM on 02/02/12
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Loved Evan's vocals, but glad they're moving on.
03:47 PM on 02/02/12
Sakarazu
Hello
User Info.
This could honestly go either way for these dudes. They really seem to thrive on line-up changes, they have had countless and always come back super strong. But, now, there's no original vocalists left so they might sound pretty different.

I think, and hope, that they'll be different but still Vanna and still good, but it might be a big hit for them.
03:49 PM on 02/02/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
damn hopefully they can route some chemistry together
04:06 PM on 02/02/12
Mikeallover
User Info.
This sucks but it's understandable with the way the economy is. I'll still jam A New Hope sometimes when I'm at the gym.
04:12 PM on 02/02/12
xlife2lifelessx
Whalestep?
User Info.
damn, I love/loved this band so much. I remember seeing them back at ICC with Therefore I Am, wish them luck in whatever they end up doing
04:19 PM on 02/02/12
JLPullano
User Info.
Wow, that kind of sux. Ill always give them respect, but their best work was Curses!
04:30 PM on 02/02/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
That guy's plugs were huge.
04:30 PM on 02/02/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
damn this sucks so much, evan was probably my favourite part of vanna. Hopefully the new member is good.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests