Password
This Thread is Closed.

08:48 PM on 02/02/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Hey, new thread! I'd love to be more involved in this thread than I was in the last one, but who knows how much time I'll actually have to post with school and stuff.
01:23 PM on 02/09/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
My girlfriend's plane lands in Chicago at 2:05 on the 17th. Is it worth it for us to get tickets to the matinee show?
01:43 PM on 02/09/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
We're confirming now but it should be all the bands, meaning we'll play around 4.

Thanks!
06:27 PM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
They played Smells Like Teen Spirit at a dance once, which resulted in a mosh pit. They had to turn the song off.

That happened with Good Charlotte and Green Day at the last junior high dance I ever went to.
05:28 AM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
I think Living Room Song is great, but I would only want to see it live as part of an acoustic set. My Life As Rob Gordon is easily my favorite TWY b-side, but I know it won't win the poll. Voted for it anyway, and IWSAIS will still be really cool to see.
10:30 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
The Warped website and Hostage Calm's Facebook page have differing reports of how much of the tour Hostage Calm is on. Hopefully they're playing the full tour, since they're a must see for me.
07:21 PM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Anyone in this thread ever check out Listener? Took me a while to get used to the whole speaking thing (also to get used to the guy's accent), but now I really dig it. Very good

Saw them live on a whim at Cornerstone Festival one year, with no prior knowledge of what they sounded like. I was really impressed. Instead of a drum set, a guy hit a dryer with huge stick. It was awesome.
05:30 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Listening to Less Than Jake nonstop since spending a few days watching them. I was never actually too similar with their catalog but I've learned all the songs from watching them, I never really noticed how many songs they play from Anthem. Really good album.

Quoting this from a little ways back, but Anthem is one of those records that hit me in exactly the right place at the right time and brought about a huge shift in what I listen to and how I listen to it. I can't say enough good things about it.
05:43 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Also, totally completely off topic, but I got a record today that's a 10"...do I play it on 33rpms on the 12" setting? Or is it different for each one and should just figure it out?

10"s are usually 78 RPM, I think. Not 100% sure though.
08:48 PM on 02/28/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Also, I guess we need 100 fans... So if you haven't yet, do it up.

www.absolutepunk.net/iwasahero

First band I've actually "become a fan" of on AP. I didn't even realize that was a feature of the site. And congrats on the big show as well!

That band's fucking fantastic. Getting Through It is one of the best pop-punk EP's I've heard.

I'm partial to Louder Than Words, but I'm still really psyched to hear what they do next. Last October, I saw them play their hearts out to about ten people, of whom I was the only one that had ever even heard of them before. It was a really cool experience.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos