AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
12:51 PM on 02/04/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
I'm seeing him tonight too! It's at First Avenue in Minneapolis; should be a great night. Leaving in about 2 hours to head downtown, which is only a 10 minute drive away. Last time I saw him was in 2009, at a smaller venue that had seats, haha. Dallas has such an incredible voice live; if only he was able to perform live at the Grammys.
02:06 PM on 02/04/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
Awesome! Although that's ambitiously early. I feel like 40 minutes before doors is plenty. Although it is quite nice out today, so it shouldn't be too bad.

My main reason for getting there around 40-45 before doors is so I can get inside to get close to the stage; I try to do that at all shows I go to. But like you mentioned the show probably won't be sold out, so I could probably find my way to the front anyways, if I left a little later. The show at the Varsity back in 2009 was pretty packed though, so tonight should be even more packed, and more fun I think. Gah going to be such a good night.
08:48 PM on 02/04/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
What a fantastic show in Minneapolis; he genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself and loving the crowd. Played all the big tracks and had great responses from the crowd. Thing I'm still not quite sold on yet is how he's turning his older acoustic-only tracks into full-on band tracks, and it just doesn't seem like the songs are making the transition correctly; I think they sounded better as just acoustic. Just my opinion I guess.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests