Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
12:57 PM on 02/04/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
all the press around this album is portraying it as this intense, angry rawk record, but that really only applies to three of the songs (conicidentally the three best songs). how does "so good" have anything to do with the anarchy shit he was talking about? i wish the description was more accurate - it would have been a killer album if he'd written all the songs in that style.
07:31 PM on 02/04/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
lol

He's already explained what you're asking several times. Anarchy is not necessarily angry, loud music nor is it all about writing lyrics about taking on corporations, the government or 'The Man'. It's amazing how thick people can be.
haha settle down, toolbox. i wasn't talking about the theme of anarchy in the lyrics so much as the overall sound.

"It's a white-knuckled, sore-throated, open-hearted call to arms"
"Your voice sounds so much more raw than it has in a long time."
"
on this one we were going for a Stones/Stooges/Clash feel"
"as if we were doing it live."
"Refused and At the Drive-In were two really big bands for me,"

There are similar descriptions of the music as being driving, rocking, etc. in the other interview with (I think) AltPress. I remember specifically him saying something about the songs being the first he was really excited about playing live since IARB and being anthemic and whatever else.

also, the lyrics that I did choose to mention still have nothing to do with any sort of interpretation of anarchy, including his. you sound like a giant sack of douche
07:35 PM on 02/04/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
i've always thought that i was a bemis fanboy, but now i've met sinkingship.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests