Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 62
04:14 PM on 02/04/12
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
all the press around this album is portraying it as this intense, angry rawk record, but that really only applies to three of the songs (conicidentally the three best songs). how does "so good" have anything to do with the anarchy shit he was talking about? i wish the description was more accurate - it would have been a killer album if he'd written all the songs in that style.
lol

He's already explained what you're asking several times. Anarchy is not necessarily angry, loud music nor is it all about writing lyrics about taking on corporations, the government or 'The Man'. It's amazing how thick people can be.
04:58 PM on 02/04/12
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
I strongly agree with Mistle's post on the 1st page.

I really like the album though.
05:09 PM on 02/04/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
Last album he said all these wonderful things about it being his best, then he came out and put it down and the next one is going to be better, yet I like all previous albums better than this...

... the lyrics aren't as solid and the actual music isn't as varied or interesting, as far as my opinion can hear.
i'm with you. I haven't given it the complete look over, but most of it so far sounds very recycled, except weaker than any other effort..
05:45 PM on 02/04/12
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
I feel like, at this point, people should know better than going into a Say Anything album with any sort of expectations on its sound.
06:03 PM on 02/04/12
thesinkingship
User Info.
I feel like, at this point, people should know better than going into a Say Anything album with any sort of expectations on its sound.
Well, people only expect IARB II if they're expecting anything. AND they will always be disappointed. I think the best thing a SA fan can do is to just listen to each record for what it is devoid of any context.
06:19 PM on 02/04/12
darkblue_
User Info.
Well, people only expect IARB II if they're expecting anything. AND they will always be disappointed. I think the best thing a SA fan can do is to just listen to each record for what it is devoid of any context.
pretty fuckin' rude. i think the record is weak and i'm not often critical anyways. if you like it, i'm jealous.

you could try not to assume what we all want.
06:26 PM on 02/04/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
I don't think anyone should judge an album based on expectations, but on what's actually there. And for me, that means the album is pretty good (obviously not IARB good though).
06:26 PM on 02/04/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Yeah, sinkingship always says people expect IARB II yet no one ever says that.
07:31 PM on 02/04/12
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
And that's why the new songs sound so bland
07:46 PM on 02/04/12
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
One word to describe this album? Misleading.
08:01 PM on 02/04/12
rigorgc
Better Off Dead
User Info.
I actually really liked this new album...
08:15 PM on 02/04/12
thesinkingship
User Info.
Yeah, sinkingship always says people expect IARB II yet no one ever says that.

No one has to say it.

On another note, I'm fucking sick of people saying they were misled.
08:17 PM on 02/04/12
FayeQC
you're pretty fetch.
User Info.
Didn't Max tweet something along the lines of if you liked IARB then you'll love anarchy?
Eh the album was alright, some standout songs.
08:31 PM on 02/04/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
lol

He's already explained what you're asking several times. Anarchy is not necessarily angry, loud music nor is it all about writing lyrics about taking on corporations, the government or 'The Man'. It's amazing how thick people can be.
haha settle down, toolbox. i wasn't talking about the theme of anarchy in the lyrics so much as the overall sound.

"It's a white-knuckled, sore-throated, open-hearted call to arms"
"Your voice sounds so much more raw than it has in a long time."
"
on this one we were going for a Stones/Stooges/Clash feel"
"as if we were doing it live."
"Refused and At the Drive-In were two really big bands for me,"

There are similar descriptions of the music as being driving, rocking, etc. in the other interview with (I think) AltPress. I remember specifically him saying something about the songs being the first he was really excited about playing live since IARB and being anthemic and whatever else.

also, the lyrics that I did choose to mention still have nothing to do with any sort of interpretation of anarchy, including his. you sound like a giant sack of douche
08:35 PM on 02/04/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
i've always thought that i was a bemis fanboy, but now i've met sinkingship.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos