Password
This Thread is Closed.

02:23 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 27 Years Old
In all honesty, I'll probably end up in Wisconsin...

If it were completely up to Danielle and I, we would be heading to England or Italy come November. I just don't have much of a say in these types of things.

At least all of those options are better than Virginia!
02:25 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
Come on you LOONS!
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
At least all of those options are better than Virginia!
But that's the thing. If I don't get any of those orders, then I have to stay in Virginia and I don't get to go anywhere until my enlistment is up........in June 2014.
02:28 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Dynamo signed 22 year old defender Oscar Recio on loan from Monterrey.
02:32 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male

Damn, that'd be a sweet job. I've always wondered if I could handle WORKING during sports games though and not get caught up as a fan.
02:46 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
In all honesty, I'll probably end up in Wisconsin...

If it were completely up to Danielle and I, we would be heading to England or Italy come November. I just don't have much of a say in these types of things.

You seem perfect for Wisconsin
02:56 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
This is reinvention
England
Male - 24 Years Old
Ya, I don't think the sport is really as popular as I'd like it to be. I think Soccer is viewed as a kids game at best and a game for gay people (I mean that as homophobic AND as just a plain insult) at worst by the general public. However, we really only care about things we excel in so I think we are really just a solid run in the WC (my fingers are going to be permanently crossed some day) away from the game blowing up in the states.

If we could ever get the quality of some of the European leagues, which with our population isn't unfathomable, we would have more support around soccer more consistantly than once every four years.

This is sad. Unfortunately, I have noticed this when asking Americans away from this site if they are into the sport. "Soccer is for pussies" "Real men don't watch soccer", etc.

Judging by how your national team players are progressing in European leagues lately e.g Bradley, Jozy, it wouldn't surprise me if you went even further at the next WC. Most of your players will be used to the standard Brazilian temperatures too, always a factor when there's a WC taking place in such a climate. As long as you don't get in the way of Russia, I'm fine with this...

Thanks to the learning channel we get shows like that haha. Im probably the only one but I find their accent really sexy and if they weren't covered in makeup and tan I think they would be quite attractive. I just like my women with minimal makeup and as pale as possible.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the "it's just MLS not being popular" comment. I see tons of England, Spain and Italy first division kits but never MLS. I've managed to convert most of my friends to be soccer fans but when they watched MLS they were disappointed by the passing and the skill level of the players. They mentioned that they were unlikely to watch MLS again unless Michigan got a team. I think that's more the norm than the exception

The irony with gypsy, and to a lesser extent Scouse women, is the fact their appearances are deceptive and they aren't nearly as promiscuous as some think. They dress the way they do purely for the sake of dressing up and having a good time, and not for the sake of getting laid. I think alot of Gypsy girls have amazing eyes, which I'm a sucker for. I'm also a fan of prominent accents but not these accents ha.

What are the chances of Michigan getting a team?
03:08 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
That means you're bi-sexual... or into bi-racials.

Good interpretation, haha.
03:21 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
This is reinvention
England
Male - 24 Years Old

Soon.
04:02 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Oddpac87
http://www.mixcloud.com/APFC/
Union Beach, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old

04:06 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 27 Years Old
This is sad. Unfortunately, I have noticed this when asking Americans away from this site if they are into the sport. "Soccer is for pussies" "Real men don't watch soccer", etc.

Judging by how your national team players are progressing in European leagues lately e.g Bradley, Jozy, it wouldn't surprise me if you went even further at the next WC. Most of your players will be used to the standard Brazilian temperatures too, always a factor when there's a WC taking place in such a climate. As long as you don't get in the way of Russia, I'm fine with this...

The irony with gypsy, and to a lesser extent Scouse women, is the fact their appearances are deceptive and they aren't nearly as promiscuous as some think. They dress the way they do purely for the sake of dressing up and having a good time, and not for the sake of getting laid. I think alot of Gypsy girls have amazing eyes, which I'm a sucker for. I'm also a fan of prominent accents but not these accents ha.

What are the chances of Michigan getting a team?

The chances are actually pretty good. A Canadian businessman who brought teams like AC Milan over bought a dome and has already spent almost 10 mil renovating it and completely redesigning it. It will cost about 50 mil total. This guy really believes in MLS in Detroit so I think we have a shot. Heres a story about it

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2011/10/10/sports/doc4e932ab3815a1250659359.txt?viewm ode=fullstory
04:17 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
StandMyBrothers
Fabian Johnson <3
OC, Cali
Male
excited for the Revierderby Kris? Leggo Klass/Schalke
04:23 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
tstick18
thanks, arthur.
Grand Rapids, MI
Male - 24 Years Old
The chances are actually pretty good. A Canadian businessman who brought teams like AC Milan over bought a dome and has already spent almost 10 mil renovating it and completely redesigning it. It will cost about 50 mil total. This guy really believes in MLS in Detroit so I think we have a shot. Heres a story about it

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles... ode=fullstory

Have you heard anything about this? Sounds pretty awesome.

I know there are a few fellow Michiganders in here who might be interested in this. A new Division 4 (National Premier League) soccer team is getting started in Detroit called Detroit City Football Club. They're offering season tickets for $30 plus a supporters scarf, or $75 for that plus a jersey. They'll have 8 home games at Cass Tech against Cleveland, Buffalo, Binghamton, and Erie. They really want to drum up a lot of support to get attention for a possible MLS team. The head coach is Michigan State's assistant coach, and their assistant coach is Saginaw Valley State's head coach. I might try to make it to a few games but it's a 3 hour drive for me. The name/crest/colors for the team are perfect.

http://detcityfc.com/

04:35 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 27 Years Old
Have you heard anything about this? Sounds pretty awesome.

I saw stuff about Detroit FC on the Motor City Supporters page and I'm planning on going to the opening game of the season and I think my friend would be down to go with me on a regular basis. I figure if I'm going to whine about wanting a Detroit MLS team I should show that the city gives a damn about bringing a team there
04:44 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old

Ya, Americans are in a tough position. Going over seas helps them develop but by leaving the states it dilutes our own league and takes focus away but it's vital to our success that our players learn to play/ play against other countries style of play rather than continue playing rec league soccer in the mls. I think the knowledge of other teams styles is one of the most important things that Klinsmann has brought.
04:53 PM on 04/13/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
This is reinvention
England
Male - 24 Years Old

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles... ode=fullstory

Intriguing stuff. Can't get over how much the dome was selling for at auction ($583,000). If we got the whole of AP to donate, we could have own our dome for AP.net FC. Food for thought?

The video tstick (don't know your name, sorry) has just posted looks promising too. Here's to hoping this isn't just smoke and mirrors for you Michigan guys. Every city (within reason) needs a team as a foundation for passion to grow for the sport.

excited for the Revierderby Kris? Leggo Klass/Schalke

Very excited. Obviously, my first priority tomorrow is to catch Everton, but luckily the BVB game starts just after. Hopefully Gotze is fit enough to start the game. Schalke got beat heavily last weekend, Dortmund beat their title rivals. There should only be one outcome here, ha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos