Username
Password
Doghouse Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Doghouse Records
Inside AP.net

Doghouse Intern Opportunity

Posted by: Jack Appleby (02/06/12)
Doghouse Records is looking for interns. Must be 18 or over, able to work from home, and be able to travel occasionally to Joplin, MO. Read more details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
11:50 AM on 02/06/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Internship DetailsRecord label Doghouse Records (and our management company The Working Group Artist Management) is searching for Springfield, MO interns! Our label roster includes artists like A Lot Like Birds, With The Punches, Mystery Skulls + more and our management roster includes Never Shout Never The Ready Set, That's Outrageous! and Man Overboard, Anarbor + more.

We're looking for someone who is proactive, organized and dependable with an interest in the music/entertainment industry and an easy-going, can-do attitude. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.

The perfect candidate will have experience with online and social media, photoshop skills, knowledge of pop, rock and alternative genres and lifestyles, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and the ability to think, act quickly, and thrive in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment.

This is a fantastic opportunity for a student or recent grad wanting to experience first-hand how an independent record label operates. Please note that internships at Doghouse Records are unpaid and/or for college credit only. Applicants must be 18+ and able to work from home plus be able to travel occasionally to Joplin, MO.

If interested, please e-mail cover letter, resume, along with your availability with the title "Doghouse/Working Group Intern" to info@doghouserecords.com
12:20 PM on 02/06/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
That's right near me.

Well, actually I live in Springfield. So here.
01:24 PM on 02/06/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Why Joplin?
02:25 PM on 02/06/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi Danny Ruk!
03:03 PM on 02/06/12
nickstetina
User Info.
Unpaid internships...gotta really love the job opportunity or experience involved. Starring down the barrel of an internship this summer that would pay $18.25 per hour.
03:29 PM on 02/06/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Most internships in the music industry are unpaid...bummer. Great opportunity though!
03:55 PM on 02/06/12
Alex_supertramp
Happiness only real when shared.
User Info.
The unpaid part is a real bummer. I understand why they probably don't pay but as a college student I'd rather work my job making $9.50 an hour full time than working less and making nothing. Everything about it is appealing EXCEPT the no pay.
05:21 PM on 02/06/12
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
Would totally do this for this label if I wasn't thousands of miles away.
05:25 PM on 02/06/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
Damn, I wish I had the office skills and experience necessary for this. I live in Joplin, I would never have to leave the house, lol.

As to why Joplin, I believe it's because of the recording studio in town. Could be wrong though
05:52 PM on 02/06/12
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
User Info.
Damn, I wish I had the office skills and experience necessary for this. I live in Joplin, I would never have to leave the house, lol.

As to why Joplin, I believe it's because of the recording studio in town. Could be wrong though
The perfect candidate would have those skills. You can learn Excel, Word, etc pretty easily online. Go for; the worst case scenario is probably that you get passed over.
07:22 PM on 02/06/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
i wouldn't care if it was unpaid if they aren't asking for ridiculous hours/work. internships are all about the experience. and after the internship, you'll have experience in the field AND experience with the company, so if they need someone, they won't have to look far. It's also a plus if you love the music from doghouse.

i wish i could do this, but sadly, I am in seattle. womp.
10:24 PM on 02/06/12
taketotheriv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
remember when Doghouse records was actually good?

no, wait, most of you prob dont
08:26 AM on 02/07/12
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
remember when Doghouse records was actually good?

no, wait, most of you prob dont
Yup. I remember that.
10:26 AM on 02/07/12
Octarene
User Info.
any word on pay down the road? I would totally consider this.. and even driving from VT to MO out of my own pocket I would probably be up for.. or I should probably consult a map first.

A Lot Like Birds should be tens times bigger than DGD ever got..Kurt has been killing it these past few years...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests