AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

This Is A Standoff Call It Quits

Posted by - 11:39 AM on 02/08/12
This Is A Standoff have broken up.
StatementAs you may have noticed, things have been quiet with us since the fall, and apologies are due, as we have been holding onto this bit of news for a few months now. To make it short and sweet, This Is A Standoff is done. Touring has become harder and harder, and everyone's lives have been heading in different directions for quite some time now. We set out to be a part-time band, but somehow we ended up playing 322 shows in over 25 countries across 4 continents. Along the way, we were lucky enough make amazing friends in all corners of the world and play along side some of our favourite bands. It's been an amazing and surreal five years, and we owe endless thank you's to every single one of you that helped us out along the way by checking out a record, attending or promoting a show, letting us crash on your floor, giving us food, or simply taking five minutes to come chat with us. It's been swell, friends... Thanks for everything.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:42 AM on 02/08/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Not too surprising, since Belvedere is touring this year. Wonder if they're going to do another record too.
11:49 AM on 02/08/12
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Belvedere was probably my favorite band back when I went through a skatepunk phase. This band never did anything for me because the songs werent very good. I think the bassist wrote most of Belvederes good songs. Steve was just a voice for the most part
12:06 PM on 02/08/12
lew_1987
The desperation's gone.
User Info.
Belvedere was probably my favorite band back when I went through a skatepunk phase. This band never did anything for me because the songs werent very good. I think the bassist wrote most of Belvederes good songs. Steve was just a voice for the most part
I don't think that's true, at all. They have some amazing songs.

Either way, I'm really gutted by this. So glad I saw them live last year, but wish I would have spent some time talking to them instead of rushing off.
02:21 PM on 02/08/12
avenge_the_dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Disappointing indeed. Glad I got to see them live though. Really Fun show. At least we have Belvedere to fall back on now.
03:19 PM on 02/08/12
Crowe41
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.
User Info.
I think the majority of people prefer Belvedere over TIAS. Still, I feel both bands are/were way too talented for the amount of exposure they receive, which is hardly anything.
04:12 PM on 02/08/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
A great E.P to end things with.. better stuff than anything they or Belvedere did before. Great guys to talk to always..
04:14 PM on 02/08/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Not too surprising, since Belvedere is touring this year. Wonder if they're going to do another record too.
Its not crazy to think they might do something... they are already jamming for the reunion
04:26 PM on 02/08/12
Brandao
There's just this thing about you..
User Info.
Got to see them last year with Anti Flag. It was an incredible gig, by both bands.

This year Belvedere is coming to Brazil with Less Than Jake and i'm planning on going. Should be good again.
05:41 AM on 02/09/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I think the majority of people prefer Belvedere over TIAS. Still, I feel both bands are/were way too talented for the amount of exposure they receive, which is hardly anything.
This. I feels to me that they got a huge fanbase (at least in Canada) but never really made it.
06:49 AM on 02/09/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Predictable, but it's still a bum, for me.
02:26 PM on 02/09/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Its not crazy to think they might do something... they are already jamming for the reunion

True. Are you going? I wish they were playing here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos