Password

Album Review
InMe - The Pride Album Cover

InMe - The Pride

Reviewed by
InMe - The Pride
Release Date: February 20, 2012 via PledgeMusic
Record Label: Graphite Records / Northern Music
Reviews are meant to tell the truth so I'm not going hold back on this one. This album is very, very front heavy. The last 3 or 4 tracks aren't fantastic. The album goes for spot on 45 minutes and I am only engaged in the album for about 22 of them. In 2009 the band released the masterpiece 'Herald Moth' and It saddens me that they couldn't follow up with the same sort of catchy tunes, engaging choruses and hard to learn but amazed to hear guitar riffs.

Long story short, I'm just not fussed. I'm sure this is a better album in retrospect but all in all, it is not a great album. It's not all bad though. The vocals are empowering to hear and the guitars are still amazing, in parts. I guess some other people might think the album is a masterpiece, but well, I don't. It's a pretty ordinary effort from a band that I know can do a lot better.

You're probably wondering what makes it so bad and what separates it from the other material they've released, well, here's the thing. Previously, their songs haven't seemed to drag on, haven't seemed to be milking bad ideas. The one stand out is the lyrics. I can not listen to an album with lyrics seem stupid. Lyrically and Vocally, the album is more positive than Daydream Anonymous and Herald Moth, with soaring melodies conveying poetic lyrics.

I'm not going to say this album isn't bad, because in comparison to their previous work and most importantly, their previous album, it is. I guess if you really like the album then you'll also comment on the musicianship being good. I, however, am not amazed by the musicianship. It might just be the copy sent to me but the production is also pretty terrible but to leave it on a good note, Dave's vocals are still amazing. If you're a fan of White Butterfly and Daydream Anonymous in terms of style and sound, then you will love this album.

Pledge for just 8 and receive the album on pre-order along with a huge amount of exclusive pledger only content here

Recommended if you Like:Progressive Rock; Poetry; maybe Emarosa; InMe's first three albums

Track List:1. Reverie Shores
2. Moonlit Seabed
3. A Great Man
4. Pantheon
5. Silver Womb
6. Escape to Mysteriopa
7. Guardian
8. Beautiful Sky Gardens
9. Halcyon Genesis
10. Legacy

Standout Tracks: "A Great Man" "Moonlit Seabed" "Escape to Mysteriopa"
This review is a user submitted review from InfiniteArms. You can see all of InfiniteArms's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
07:09 AM on 04/05/12
EffigyOMA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was a bit disappointed in this album too. I feel like "Herald Moth" is the best rock album I've heard in the last 5 to 6 years. It really is something special (and maybe impossible to follow up). However, this side of the Atlantic is sorely missing a refined rock band like InMe and it's a shame "Herald Moth" didn't get more word-of-mouth publicity. Everyone I've shared it with has been completely blown away. Hell, the album is the reason I believe in Rock 'n Roll again.

"The Pride" has a few really good tracks, but nothing leaves you awstruck the way that "You Won't Hear from Me Again," "All-Terrain Vehicle," "I Will Honor You," and "Ferocity in Desire" did.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos