AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bruce Springsteen Teaser Trailer

Posted by - 11:13 AM on 02/09/12
A teaser for new Bruce Springsteen can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:13 AM on 02/09/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:28 AM on 02/09/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Just a teaser for the video for "We Take Care of Our Own," the first single which has already been released.
11:49 AM on 02/09/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Still exciting....that silhouette is so iconic....

01:47 PM on 02/09/12
boomer08
User Info.
John Hiatt is so much better
02:08 PM on 02/09/12
mikeyystyles
User Info.
I was hoping this thread was actually about a NEW Bruce Springsteen. Damn. ha.
04:12 PM on 02/09/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
John Hiatt is so much better
Justify this. Not being a jerk (although I disagree), just curious.
04:50 PM on 02/09/12
johnoAMH
http://www.alternativemusichub.c om
User Info.
Can't wait for this album! Enough with the teasers
05:12 PM on 02/09/12
boomer08
User Info.
Justify this. Not being a jerk (although I disagree), just curious.
I could write up an essay for you with examples, but it wouldn't do any good. Nobody would agree with me.

I just wish Hiatt got half the hype that Bruce does. He's a better singer and songwriter (not a better performer), but he's never had a hit.

And I like Bruce.
06:06 PM on 02/09/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
I could write up an essay for you with examples, but it wouldn't do any good. Nobody would agree with me.

I just wish Hiatt got half the hype that Bruce does. He's a better singer and songwriter (not a better performer), but he's never had a hit.

And I like Bruce.
Well I'm very much pro-Hiatt, so there's two of us. I can't agree with you about him being better than Bruce in those two categories, but I agree with everything else you said.
06:52 PM on 02/09/12
boomer08
User Info.
Well I'm very much pro-Hiatt, so there's two of us. I can't agree with you about him being better than Bruce in those two categories, but I agree with everything else you said.
Good to know there's another Hiatt fan here. I listened to his Austin City Limits set earlier, freaking awesome.

And did anyone notice in the song "The Wrestler" Bruce sings "If you've ever seen a one-legged dog then you've seen me"? WTF is a one-legged dog? I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist. Hiatt wouldn't let that slide...
03:29 AM on 02/10/12
dallas_ben
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good to know there's another Hiatt fan here. I listened to his Austin City Limits set earlier, freaking awesome.

And did anyone notice in the song "The Wrestler" Bruce sings "If you've ever seen a one-legged dog then you've seen me"? WTF is a one-legged dog? I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist. Hiatt wouldn't let that slide...
Do you take all lyrics literally?

Also pretty sure The Boss' success is irrespective of John Hiatt's career.
01:04 PM on 02/10/12
boomer08
User Info.
Do you take all lyrics literally?

Also pretty sure The Boss' success is irrespective of John Hiatt's career.
No but I just think it's funny that a world-renowned songwriter wrote "one-legged dog" and no one (not the producer, engineer, mixer, master-er) said "Hey, wait a minute, shouldn't it be three-legged dog?"

And of course his career is irrespective of Hiatt's. But they play similar "heartland rock" style music, and I just think Hiatt should be a household name just like Springsteen (granted Bruce Springsteen is a bitchin' name). I really like Bruce. I saw him live 2 years ago. He's great.

I just think everyone should give John Hiatt a listen, and people might find that they like him a lot.
07:48 AM on 03/06/12
dallas_ben
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No but I just think it's funny that a world-renowned songwriter wrote "one-legged dog" and no one (not the producer, engineer, mixer, master-er) said "Hey, wait a minute, shouldn't it be three-legged dog?"

And of course his career is irrespective of Hiatt's. But they play similar "heartland rock" style music, and I just think Hiatt should be a household name just like Springsteen (granted Bruce Springsteen is a bitchin' name). I really like Bruce. I saw him live 2 years ago. He's great.

I just think everyone should give John Hiatt a listen, and people might find that they like him a lot.
Sorry didn't see your reply as don't comment much. All lyrics are subjective, the fact it's odd wording may be fully intentional, and that it's thrown you may suggest so too. Also there is a theme through the lyrics of the word one;

one trick pony
one legged dog
one armed man
one legged man

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News