Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Of Mice & Men Bassist Leaves Band

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/10/12)
Of Mice & Men bassist/clean vocalist Shayley Bourget has left the band. Watch an announcement from the band in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 103
05:34 AM on 02/10/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
05:43 AM on 02/10/12
billysurvive
aimless arrow.
User Info.
I kind of have to give him props on coming out and admitting, unlike Johnny Craig. And the fact it's his decision.
06:02 AM on 02/10/12
NortyCore
User Info.
I kind of have to give him props on coming out and admitting, unlike Johnny Craig. And the fact it's his decision.
oh yeah definitely. it takes a lot to admit to everyone that you have some sort of problem and that its in everyones best interest for him to step away. unlike jonny, who doesnt care about hsi problem, scams his fans still, shoots up and has to get kicked off my the rest of dgd for their past 4 tours.
06:07 AM on 02/10/12
xtbs7645x
User Info.
props to the band for doing it like this. shame though, he was the only reason I could kinda get into this band. Thought his vocals were actually pretty unique. Im kinda surprised they didnt mention anything about him possibly coming back at some point.
06:15 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
What do Of mice and men, Dance Gavin Dance, Alexisonfire, and My Ticket Home all have in common ? They all had superb, unique clean vocalists that left the band - reducing my interest substantially or even caused the demise of the band. I'm glad he's being honest but I can't understand why there are so many talented musicians out there who just fucking blow it by doing drugs.
06:19 AM on 02/10/12
Greg090793
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dallas Green didn't not leave or get kicked out due to drug issues..Had a different taste in music and formed City and Colour..get facts right before you imply something like that
06:27 AM on 02/10/12
MarcVerity
Problem Solver Extraordinaire
User Info.
Dallas Green didn't not leave or get kicked out due to drug issues..Had a different taste in music and formed City and Colour..get facts right before you imply something like that
I think he was just making a general point not implying that Dallas left because of drugs because I think most people know he left to pursue City and Colour
06:28 AM on 02/10/12
ChaseTx
You know I like my chicken fried.
User Info.
What do Of mice and men, Dance Gavin Dance, Alexisonfire, and My Ticket Home all have in common ? They all had superb, unique clean vocalists that left the band - reducing my interest substantially or even caused the demise of the band. I'm glad he's being honest but I can't understand why there are so many talented musicians out there who just fucking blow it by doing drugs.
Except DGD got exponentially better after Jonny left. Unless you're referring to Kurt.
06:36 AM on 02/10/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
I misread this (combining the above news post with this one) as saying the bassist would be joining Andrew WK. I can't decide if I'm happy or mad to have found out my error.
06:37 AM on 02/10/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Man this is depressing - I love his vocals.

Glad to see how they're going about this though.
06:45 AM on 02/10/12
benny06
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I JUST got into this band. Not cool.
06:46 AM on 02/10/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I wonder if he will ever be back, he had some of the best vocals in the genre, really made the band stand out from the pack. What an honest way to this, they've got my respect. Also, I'm glad/surprised Austin has been in the headlines more for his music than bullshit drama with ex bands.
06:48 AM on 02/10/12
centennial.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

wrong
06:51 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

What MarcVerity said. I'm not an idiot.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums