Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
06:15 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
What do Of mice and men, Dance Gavin Dance, Alexisonfire, and My Ticket Home all have in common ? They all had superb, unique clean vocalists that left the band - reducing my interest substantially or even caused the demise of the band. I'm glad he's being honest but I can't understand why there are so many talented musicians out there who just fucking blow it by doing drugs.
06:51 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Dallas Green didn't not leave or get kicked out due to drug issues..Had a different taste in music and formed City and Colour..get facts right before you imply something like that

What MarcVerity said. I'm not an idiot.
10:05 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
I strongly disagree with your evaluation of who DGD fans prefer at lead. There is a reason why DGD's third album bombed (and the group dismissed Travis then after) and the fourth album was a success. Although Craig does seem dispassionate at times (particularly on DTBM2), you can't possibly stand by that statement when listening to the first album and the EP. Lyrically, yes, Craig blows. But Travis isn't that much better. Consider this,

Not exactly introspective, wouldn't you agree?

You can have the last word, because as you said, this isn't the place for this debate.

I agree with everything you've been saying. I feel that people often claim Kurt as the better vocalist just to be different or to root for the "underdog". I guarantee that if you were to show a room of people a Jonny track off of DBM1 and a Kurt track the majority would say that Jonny is the better singer. That's not to say I don't like Kurt as his contributions were excellent and I am eagerly awaiting ALLB CD in the mail.
10:08 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Agree to disagree then... though personally, I don't see how you can listen to those albums and think DBM is best, especially if you work on a music site. It may have been more successful (an artist's debut usually does become their most popular) but popular opinion from people who actually listen is that the next two albums were infinitely better. And those aren't the lyrics to judge Kurt by... it's a bit like judging Nas by "Oochie Wally" or Blink by "Ben Wah Balls"

No way, Jonny only writes about sex haha. Kurt wrote those lyrics about relationship problems he was having.

Last DGD comment ahaha

I gotta say that I too, as a longtime DGD fan, prefer DBM much more than all the others. It came out a time in which strong clean vocalists in heavier music were rare and Jonny Craig was completely unknown to most everyone. His strange lyrics gave the album a very unique feel IMO and helped cement it as one of my Top 10 albums.
10:10 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
The ex-drummer from Confide's been filling in, let's see if he stays!
Joel Piper? I hope not. Confide was decent but nothing to write home about.
10:12 AM on 02/10/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
I hate to refer to one of the thousands of discussions on this ancient topics, but: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthre...t= kurt+jonny
I should have specified; NON Ap.net users. Like a group of casual music listeners. It's a well known fact that AP.net users prefer Kurt (besides some like me).
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests