Password

Album Review
Scary Kids Scaring Kids - Scary Kids Scaring Kids Album Cover

Scary Kids Scaring Kids - Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Reviewed by
Scary Kids Scaring Kids - Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Release Date: August 28, 2007
Record Label: Immortal/RCA
This review is a user submitted review from Steve Henderson. You can see all of Steve Henderson's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
09:39 PM on 08/27/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
first!

Edit: fantastic review, I was at the bottom, content, before I knew it. And I really want to hear the first 5 songs now. Bravo!
09:45 PM on 08/27/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
first!

Edit: fantastic review, I was at the bottom, content, before I knew it. And I really want to hear the first 5 songs now. Bravo!
Well, you are in luck!

http://www.myspace.com/scarykids

Entire thing is streaming there.
09:47 PM on 08/27/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i abhor (good word) myspace streams, but I'll give it a shot.
10:06 PM on 08/27/07
PigDestroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah this was a really good review...as easy as it is to hate on these guys, from the songs ive heard, this is shaping up to be a decent cd
10:29 PM on 08/27/07
LillieDesigns
Orange, CA
User Info.
I actually like this record a lot more than I thought I would. I also really like "Derailed." It may not be ground breaking, but there is a lot worse out there. Well-written review, I just don;t agree 100%.
11:12 PM on 08/27/07
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
This reminds me a great deal of the new Atreyu album review, but great nonetheless. It's always good to hear someone's opinion on an album, especially someone you trust to give you the lowdown.
03:19 AM on 08/28/07
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
i really enjoyed this a lot more than i would have thought. sksk have always been able to write some decent songs, but their last record was pretty dull for the most part. the new one however is actually a good record. i think the last few songs aren't that much weaker than the first 5, nor do i think that the ballads are too cheesy. the record also surprised me lyrically with some rather deep and honest sounding vocals.
05:50 AM on 08/28/07
dubey
trillest
User Info.
I think the new album is awful and this is coming from someone who actually liked their last one. The first two tracks on the City Sleeps in Flames were amazing, it's too bad they couldn't make the whole album sound like that.
05:51 AM on 08/28/07
anamericangod
User Info.
the member ratings are brutal as hell.
06:06 AM on 08/28/07
LikeACat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lol at authors rating vs members rating.

They should have a rating for cover art so I could rate that poorly.

Every time I look at it I see that evil lady from Reboot.
06:08 AM on 08/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Lol at authors rating vs members rating.

They should have a rating for cover art so I could rate that poorly.

Every time I look at it I see that evil lady from Reboot.
I think the art looks like a poor combination of Anberlin's Never Take Friendship Personal and Panic at the Disco.
06:09 AM on 08/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
the member ratings are brutal as hell.
Yeah, I would say those are a little extreme.
06:10 AM on 08/28/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I think the new album is awful and this is coming from someone who actually liked their last one. The first two tracks on the City Sleeps in Flames were amazing, it's too bad they couldn't make the whole album sound like that.
I think peoples' thoughts on the new record will be opposite of what they thought of the last album. I hated the last one, but like this one, whereas there are others that will share your view.
06:16 AM on 08/28/07
lauren<3s music
i am a slippery slope
User Info.
Great review! I listened to it again after you recommended it the other day and I'm still not there. I agree with alot of what you said in the review though and I think that musically it's better and much more solid. I hate the drastic change in the vocals, only because I would have liked to see them use the screaming better than they did in both albums i.e. not in the cliche screamo band and not just to throw it in as an afterthought.

I hate the bullshit ballads. I hope to god they and others read you review and realize how utterly crappy they sound and how it can tear apart an otherwise decent album.

And finally I agree 100% with your comments about the cover art. I mean really haven't we all seen the god damn mask 900 times before. We should have RULES for overused bullshit like this. It makes me want to scream have some creativity, that's what art is about!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos