Username
Password
Facebook News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Facebook
Inside AP.net

This Could Be Done By Tomorrow

Posted by: Sean Rizzo (02/11/12)
This Armistice will premier a new song if their Facebook profile increases to 1000 likes.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
08:52 PM on 02/11/12
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
Or you could release it and hope you get 1000 likes. That would make sense.
08:54 PM on 02/11/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Or you could release it and hope you get 1000 likes. That would make sense.
/thread
08:56 PM on 02/11/12
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
How does a band without even a 1000 FB fans get front page news coverage?
09:00 PM on 02/11/12
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.

I was wondering the same thing.
09:07 PM on 02/11/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.

Because ap articles are sorted by most recent posted not by how much you give a shit?
09:20 PM on 02/11/12
.dot
User Info.
Because ap articles are sorted by most recent posted not by how much you give a shit?
My point was I can think of loads of bands that are more popular than this band that news stories would never be accepted on this site.
09:20 PM on 02/11/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
I think he means that if what you just said is the case, then there's about 1000+ unknown bands that should have news articles about the potentiality of posting a song.
09:22 PM on 02/11/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
My point was I can think of loads of bands that are more popular than this band that news stories would never be accepted on this site.
I think he means that if what you just said is the case, then there's about 1000+ unknown bands that should have news articles about the potentiality of posting a song.

Perhaps the person who posted the news article likes this band and wants them to be better known.
09:24 PM on 02/11/12
.dot
User Info.
Perhaps the person who posted the news article likes this band and wants them to be better known.
That's cool and all, but if every staff member just posted about unknown bands they like the news section of this site would be really cluttered. I'm all for giving smaller bands a chance, but I believe that is was the Small Band Roundup is for.
09:25 PM on 02/11/12
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
User Info.
All kinds of bands with relatively small fanbases get front page exposure. If I don't see .dot bitching on every other such post, I'm gonna be pissed.
09:29 PM on 02/11/12
.dot
User Info.
All kinds of bands with relatively small fanbases get front page exposure. If I don't see .dot bitching on every other such post, I'm gonna be pissed.
I'll do my best to do that lol. I really wasn't trying to be a dick. I just can think of loads of times I submitted news to this site for bands with way more than a following than this band (at least from what I can tell from Facebook, which is not always an accurate measurement of a bands popularity).
09:34 PM on 02/11/12
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
User Info.
I'll do my best to do that lol. I really wasn't trying to be a dick. I just can think of loads of times I submitted news to this site for bands with way more than a following than this band (at least from what I can tell from Facebook, which is not always an accurate measurement of a bands popularity).
I know what you mean. I too have submitted shit from lesser known bands to no avail, only to get pissed off over the fact that equally unpopular bands have gotten on the front page. It's a crapshoot when submitting stuff like this. Basically, if the staffer is a fan of the band, it gets posted. Otherwise, naw. Sean happens to be a fan of TA, so huzzah.
12:50 AM on 02/12/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Because a staffer likes them? In this case, multiple staffers thoroughly enjoy This Armistice, and they've been on a bunch of people's radars for some time.

I hope this makes posts of the week.

That's cool and all, but if every staff member just posted about unknown bands they like the news section of this site would be really cluttered. I'm all for giving smaller bands a chance, but I believe that is was the Small Band Roundup is for.

I don't feel that is currently happening; we all have small bands we're fond of, and that we feel the community would enjoy. TA is definitely one of them.

Prettttyyyyy sure you'll find that popularity is not always grounds for posting, especially if you're arguing for bands w/ 5,000 - 10,000 FB likes vs. bands with 1,000 FB likes. In the grand scale of things, all those bands are tiny; quality is going to matter much more than social media presence.

Also... did anyone actually go listen to the band? Because their EP is fantastic.
01:54 AM on 02/12/12
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
^ I actually took the time to listen to the music on their page and judge for myself...consider me really impressed. They have a great sound and I'm looking forward to anything new from them.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests