Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37
02:43 PM on 02/12/12
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
I think it's probably a video and a new album announcement.
02:47 PM on 02/12/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
I'm so ready for new music from these dudes! Fake History rules, I still listen to it consistently.
03:02 PM on 02/12/12
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Everything from their website to their cryptic hints remind me of Glassjaw......which is prob why i love them so much
03:10 PM on 02/12/12
billy_yo
Registered Member
User Info.
there is still 2 more days lleft on this according to their twitter
03:31 PM on 02/12/12
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
they gonna release the video for muther that they filmed a while ago
03:34 PM on 02/12/12
soadjaeger
User Info.
The same feeling, I have.

I've been saying I'm ready for new music by them, but hey, I love their videos.
I talked to them at a recent show they are recording now and plan to have something out in august
03:42 PM on 02/12/12
georgedcc
User Info.
I love the guys, I love the music; however, they fit into a category of bands that do worry me.

Fake History was written over three years. That's a long, long, long time to perfect songs. When a band's debut record had that much time, it makes me worry that writing new tunes across a shorter period of time while touring (and my God, have letlive. toured) could mean different results.

BUT.

I have faith in this band. And I think "Lemon Party" is an incredible song.

Um.... That isn't their debut record. They have two albums prior to it.
03:54 PM on 02/12/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Um.... That isn't their debut record. They have two albums prior to it.
Well aware of their past records, but I don't even count them. The only current member on those records is Jason, and they're not even worth listening to. Fake History is all that matters, and I call it a debut because this version of letlive. didn't exist until then.
03:55 PM on 02/12/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I talked to them at a recent show they are recording now and plan to have something out in august
Interesting! Glad to hear it.
04:00 PM on 02/12/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Well aware of their past records, but I don't even count them. The only current member on those records is Jason, and they're not even worth listening to. Fake History is all that matters, and I call it a debut because this version of letlive. didn't exist until then.
Well, it isn't a debut. They kept the same name, so it's the same band who released the previous 2 albums. It would be like saying the new Underoath album is their debut because they don't have any original members.

It doesn't make any sense to me saying that you call Fake History their debut just because you don't like their earlier albums.
04:06 PM on 02/12/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, it isn't a debut. They kept the same name, so it's the same band who released the previous 2 albums. It would be like saying the new Underoath album is their debut because they don't have any original members.

It doesn't make any sense to me saying that you call Fake History their debut just because you don't like their earlier albums.
...fine.

Fake History was their first album that received any notoriety, their first one with a publicist, their first one with a reputable record label, their first one with their current members, and the first one anyone heard of. It's their first time trying this sound. Jason was known in LA, but nowhere else; I live less than 60 miles from them and I had never heard of them til their latest. So no, technically it's not a debut; it just has all the qualities of a debut.

But, I'm pretty sure we all refer to ...Is A Real Boy as Say Anything's debut, even though there are several albums that pre-date it.
04:33 PM on 02/12/12
soadjaeger
User Info.
...fine.

Fake History was their first album that received any notoriety, their first one with a publicist, their first one with a reputable record label, their first one with their current members, and the first one anyone heard of. It's their first time trying this sound. Jason was known in LA, but nowhere else; I live less than 60 miles from them and I had never heard of them til their latest. So no, technically it's not a debut; it just has all the qualities of a debut.

But, I'm pretty sure we all refer to ...Is A Real Boy as Say Anything's debut, even though there are several albums that pre-date it.
Jason said himself that even though they share the same name he considered them to different bands and that fake history is this letlive.'s debut. Its like how everyone considers stand up and scream Asking Alexandria's debut but their singer released an album with a different band Asking Alexandria before that
05:14 PM on 02/12/12
AaRoNpUnK
fuck the thrill of the chase.
User Info.
letlive. was probably my band of 2011
05:57 PM on 02/12/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jason said himself that even though they share the same name he considered them to different bands and that fake history is this letlive.'s debut. Its like how everyone considers stand up and scream Asking Alexandria's debut but their singer released an album with a different band Asking Alexandria before that

Awesome, thanks for finding that; I was pretty sure he had said that, bit I didn't want to quote him without being sure.
06:07 PM on 02/12/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
...their upcoming tour with Enter Shikari?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos