Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 90 posts
03:23 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Here will be a comprehensive list of tonight's winners
Grammy WinnersCongratulations to 'Boardwalk Empire: Volume 1' for winning the GRAMMY for Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media

Congrats to Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical winner Skrillex for "Cinema (Skrillex Remix)"

Congratulations to Kirk Franklin for winning the GRAMMY for Best Gospel Song for "Hello Fear"

Congratulations to Best Gospel Album winner Kirk Franklin for Hello Fear

Congratulations to Best Latin Pop, Rock, or Urban Album winner Maná "Drama Y Luz"

Congratulations to Producer Of The Year, Classical winner Judith Sherman

Congratulations to Best Classical Vocal Solo winner Joyce DiDonato "Diva Divo"

Congratulations to Best Reggae Album winner Stephen Marley @stephenmarley1 "Revelation Pt 1: The Root Of Life"
What time you opening the thread for everyone? Wanna make sure I can harass you to start. Haha.
03:27 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Back in December, The Recording Academy announced that it would be honoring Steve Jobs with a Special Merit Grammy Award. The Trustees Award for Jobs was made in recognition of his contributions to the field of music with the iPod and iTunes Music Store.

The Grammy ceremony for the Special Merit Awards was held yesterday, and Apple senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue was on hand to accept the award.
On behalf of Steve's wife, Laurene, his children, and everyone at Apple, I'd like to thank you for honoring Steve with the Trustees Grammy Award. Steve was a visionary, a mentor, and a very close friend. I had the incredible honor of working with him for the last fifteen years.

Accepting this award means so much to me because music meant so much to him. He told us that music shaped his life...it made him who he was. Everyone that knows Steve knows the profound impact that artists like Bob Dylan and The Beatles had on him.

Steve was focused on bringing music to everyone in innovative ways. We talked about it every single day. When he introduced the iPod in 2001, people asked "Why is Apple making a music player?" His answer was simple: "We love music, and it's always good to do something you love."

His family and I know that this Grammy would have been very special to him, so I thank you for honoring him today.

The Recording Academy has also published a brief tribute to Jobs by cellist Yo-Yo Ma, a 16-time Grammy winner and personal friend of Jobs.

Jobs' Grammy marks the second time he and Apple have been honored by The Recording Academy. Apple itself won a Technical Grammy Award in 2002.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/12/...ng-steve-jobs/
03:42 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
4 Grammy's for the Foos already and Bon Iver wins Best Alt Album!
Nice. So. Soon? Haha. All the good awards I care aout basically already announced, before it even hits tv. . Go Bon Iver!
03:46 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
yeah it's kind of a bummer. I'm excited to make fun of LL Cool J, Nicki Minaj, Pink, and everyone else though!
Hahah. Me too. Watching 'Big Trouble in Little China' in the meantime.
03:57 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
The Foo Fighters and Bon Iver wins don't add up to canceling out skillet chicken yet.
03:59 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Where's Jeremy Linn?
04:02 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
What is radio rocky?
04:03 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Nope. Not even close.
04:03 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Props to Louis CK.
04:04 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
So lame that they announce it all before the telecast, what's even the point haha
Americans don't read. We watch commercials and stars throw parties for themselves. Shhhhh.
04:04 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
They should just seat Adele on a throne on stage tonight.
Imma let you finish but Jay Z and Kanye stole it.
04:05 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
no adele fat jokes tonight plz
How about Christina Agulera ones?
04:07 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Deadmau5 walked the red carpet tonight. This is the American music industry in a nutshell.
04:11 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Verse-Chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus. Safe. Tame instrumentals. Just nothing that beats me in the face with emotion. Seriously. Compare that song to "Best Of You", "The Pretender", or "Everlong"
Also in that structure?
04:16 PM on 02/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
never won a grammy: led zeppelin, beach boys, the who, jim hendrix, the kinks, bob marley, grateful dead, queen, chuck berry

won a grammy: baja men, hootie, milli vanilli, michael bolton, britney spears, all-4-one, nelly, skrillex

https://twitter.com/tylerjames/statu...49290775629824

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version