Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 106
Displaying posts 1575 - 1590 of 1614.
09:59 PM on 02/12/12
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
User Info.
So it's agreed then: every Grammys, we give one high profile award to an indie band and laugh at confused minorities on Twitter. #BonnyBear
Most people don't know Bon Iver...
10:01 PM on 02/12/12
Baines on Toast
So where's my Lois Lane?
User Info.

Kinda. You know when your nose is runny? Some suck the 'snot' upwards through their nostrils, as opposed to blowing it outwards, and then spit. The worst offenders make a noise whilst doing this.

Yeah, I've done it before, and don't hold it against anyone else who does. Imagining Adele doing it is another matter, though. Or any woman really.
10:06 PM on 02/12/12
Clockwork00
Write it on the walls and read it.
User Info.
Could've sworn I read somewhere that it was directed at Kanye. Probably just rumors from bad journalists.
I think her song "Innocent" is directed at Kanye, so that may be the reason for the confusion.
10:33 PM on 02/12/12
Rodeo
User Info.
Louis CK's Grammy > Any one else.
10:37 PM on 02/12/12
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
What the Grammy's teaches me: it's not okay to be disrespectful to a religion, it will cause an uproar. Except Catholics. You can shit on us all you want on the biggest stage for music and it's okay.
10:42 PM on 02/12/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ammy-quandary/

What did he say?

In a 2011 profile for The New York Times following the 53rd Grammy Awards, Justin Vernon of indie band Bon Iver was asked his opinion of the Grammys and how he would react to a nomination for his group, to which he responded, "You know I was thinking about that a couple of months ago, someone asked me that, and I was like 'I would go and I would' – and I don’t think the Bon Iver record is the kind of record that would get nominated for a Grammy – 'I would get up there and be like, ‘This is for my parents, because they supported me,’' because I know they would think it would be stupid of me not to go up there. But I kinda felt like going up there and being like: 'Everyone should go home, this is ridiculous. You should not be doing this. We should not be gathering in a big room and looking at each other and pretending that this is important.' That’s what I would say."
10:44 PM on 02/12/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Louis CK's Grammy > Any one else.

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. That's awesome! Love that guy.
10:57 PM on 02/12/12
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
Bonny Bear ftw!
11:19 PM on 02/12/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Another year, another flat-out robbery in the metal category. It's been happening ever since Jethro Tull beat out Metallica.
11:34 PM on 02/12/12
pogslam
Smokin' my kush readin' Corinthians
User Info.
I assume it's been posted already, but I'll do it just in case it got lost in the crazy amounts of posts before:

http://who-is-bon-iver.tumblr.com/
Oh Laaaawwwd, please take me now! I don't belong with these 'people'.
11:44 PM on 02/12/12
anamericangod
User Info.
http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ammy-quandary/

What did he say?

In a 2011 profile for The New York Times following the 53rd Grammy Awards, Justin Vernon of indie band Bon Iver was asked his opinion of the Grammys and how he would react to a nomination for his group, to which he responded, "You know I was thinking about that a couple of months ago, someone asked me that, and I was like 'I would go and I would' – and I don’t think the Bon Iver record is the kind of record that would get nominated for a Grammy – 'I would get up there and be like, ‘This is for my parents, because they supported me,’' because I know they would think it would be stupid of me not to go up there. But I kinda felt like going up there and being like: 'Everyone should go home, this is ridiculous. You should not be doing this. We should not be gathering in a big room and looking at each other and pretending that this is important.' That’s what I would say."
Not that.
01:45 AM on 02/13/12
PengusNiugnep
I slept right through the good part
User Info.
What the Grammy's teaches me: it's not okay to be disrespectful to a religion, it will cause an uproar. Except Catholics. You can shit on us all you want on the biggest stage for music and it's okay.
Sadly, it's true.
02:55 AM on 02/13/12
oldwirehands
pherm
User Info.
All I got to say is that Skrillex's music can be compared to a McDonald's cheeseburger.
03:02 AM on 02/13/12
Thesleepingwell
Didn't start the riot
User Info.
Not surprised about Kanye at all. I knew he'd scoop something. Also knew Adele would get the highest prize of all. 21 is practically flawless. Grats to Bon Iver as well, I'm surprised he got Best New Artist. And the Foos. Well that was deserved.

And I knew T-Swift would get a Grammy, but I had hoped it would be for Speak Now but she got it for 'Mean' in a different category. How on earth she didn't get Best Country Album is something I shake my head at. Meh.

Anyone know if Paramore attended? Chances are they would have been in the Swift camp of course...
05:27 AM on 02/13/12
Jake Gyllenhaal
Alex P. Keaton
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News