Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 613
09:27 AM on 02/13/12
Vince Early
Size The Day
User Info.
This band has made me believe that pop music can be done right. Bravo fun.
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
Seems like this is the perfect record to shake off the winter blues and welcome in the upcoming spring. I'd recommend if you don't already have tickets to the upcoming tour and they're still available to get them now.

Also...

Originally Posted by www.ournameisfun.com
WELL I CERTAINLY HOPE THIS ISN'T THE LAST TIME GOOGLE'S CRAPPY NEW E-MAIL INTERFACE SAVES ME:

SO, ITS 4:31 IN THE MORNING. AT ABOUT 12:30AM I SAT DOWN ALONE IN MY LIVING ROOM AND STARTED TO WRITE YOU GUYS A LETTER, DETAILING WHAT IT IS BEFORE YOU THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO HEAR....

I SPENT THE FIRST HOUR OF THIS "NOVEL" DESCRIBING JUST HOW PERFECT IT'S BEEN TO HAVE JACK AND ANDREW AS PARTNERS IN CRIME. HOW MUCH WE'VE GROWN TOGETHER, AND HOW CRUCIAL THEY ARE TO THIS GROUP AND THE SONGS WE CREATE. I WENT INTO GREAT LENGTH ABOUT HOW ON THIS ALBUM THEY NEVER NEEDED A MOMENT TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I WAS TRYING TO DESCRIBE, THEY JUST TOOK IT AND MADE IT SOMETHING MORE SPECIAL THAN IT EVER WAS IN MY HEAD.

I PROCEEDED TO GO INTO MAJOR DETAIL (AT LEAST 2 HOURS WORTH!) DESCRIBING JUST WHAT THE LAST YEAR RECORDING AND PUTTING TOGETHER THIS ALBUM HAS BEEN LIKE. I STARTED BY TALKING ABOUT WHAT A REAL HONOR ITS BEEN TO WORK WITH FUELED BY RAMEN, HOW THEY WERE THE ONLY LABEL THAT HAVE SHOWN INTEREST IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY PROJECTS SINCE I WAS 18 YEARS OLD. AND HOW THEIR CONFIDENCE, AS WELL AS THE CONFIDENCE OF PEOPLE LIKE OUR MANAGER, BAND, BOOKING AGENT, DEAR FRIENDS, AND (MOST IMPORTANTLY) FAMILY HAVE REALLY HELPED INSPIRE US TO WANT TO BE GREAT.

FROM THERE (AND LORD WAS I RAMBLING) I TALKED ABOUT WHAT EXACTLY INSPIRED THIS ALBUM IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND HOW MUCH OUR PRODUCER JEFF BHASKER WAS ALREADY ONE OF ITS BIGGEST INSPIRATIONS, PRIOR TO HIM EVEN KNOWING WHO WE WERE.

THE WHOLE GODDAMN THING WAS AN ENDLESS RIVER OF RUN ON SENTENCES AND HORRIBLE PUNCTUATION. AND TO BE HONEST, I'M SO GLAD THAT GOOGLE DELETED 4 HOURS WORTH OF SELF-SERVING BACK PATTING AND INCOHERANT MUMBO JUMBO. THE BOTTOM LINE IS, WE'VE ALL BEEN FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS THING FOR ALMOST A YEAR. BUT THIS ALBUM ISN'T FOR US ANYMORE. THE ALBUM FINALLY GETS TO LIVE WITHIN THE EARS OF WHOM IT WAS INTENDED FOR...

DUH.
NO SHIT, IT'S FOR YOU.

BELIEVE ME, I WAS PLANNING ON STAYING UP FOR 4 MORE HOURS JUST PRAISING YOU GUYS FOR BEING SUCH AN INCREDIBLE AND DIVERSE GROUP OF PEOPLE. WHEN I THINK THEMATICALLY OF WHAT THIS ALBUM IS ABOUT, I THINK ABOUT HOW MANY OF THE SONGS ARE ABOUT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT JUST WHO YOU ARE, AND THE OPTIMISM AND PERSEVERANCE THAT RESULTS IN DOING SO.

FORTUNATELY, THAT'S HOW I FEEL WHEN I'M AT A FUN. SHOW. YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BE ANYONE AS LONG AS YOU KNOW THE WORDS. FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN ME SOMETHING TO BELONG TO AND I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THIS ALBUM BELONGS TO YOU. IT'S ENDED UP BEING OUR WAY OF SAYING "THANK YOU" FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE. AND PLEASE KEEP BEING THAT PERSON.

ODDLY ENOUGH (AND AS I'M CRAWLING INTO BED) I'M REALIZING THAT THIS HAPPENS TO BE THE EXACT SAME TIME, A YEAR AGO TODAY, THAT I CAME HOME FROM MY VERY FIRST STUDIO SESSION WITH JEFF. DAYS BEFORE, I HAD CORNERED HIM AND SANG HIM THE CHORUS OF "WE ARE YOUNG". TWO DAYS LATER HE AND I WENT INTO THE STUDIO AND SPENT TILL 4 IN THE MORNING RECORDING IT. I REMEMBER, I WENT HOME, SENT OUT THE SONG TO ANDREW AND JACK, ANXIOUS TO HEAR WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY IN THE MORNING, AND THEN TRIED TO FALL ASLEEP BY CONVINCING MYSELF THAT THIS WAS ALL JUST A DREAM ANYWAYS.

THIS TIME THOUGH, WE GET TO SEND THIS WHOLE ALBUM TO YOU. OVER THE MOON ABOUT WHAT YOUR'E ABOUT TO HEAR AND FALLING ASLEEP KNOWING THAT AS SOON AS I WAKE UP, THIS WILL NO LONGER BE A DREAM

<3 - NATE
?'swithoutA's
Just carry me home tonight
User Info.
Think it flows great in the album. Same with "It Gets Better" ... would be weird by itself, but it breaks up the album great.
Agreed. Perfect placement in the track list.
Quijiba
User Info.
This is so sweet. Fun. You've done it again
09:28 AM on 02/13/12
paperlung
this glass house is burning down
User Info.
This is amazing. I'm so glad they went this route. I can't wait for the preorder now.
cherbrand11
AnthonyDarko is dumb and an asshole
User Info.
fuck the vocodor it sounds awful
Quijiba
User Info.
Could not agree more
09:29 AM on 02/13/12
dagger57331
User Info.
For my money, Nate and fun. are the best thing in pop music right now.
They've got my vote too.
09:29 AM on 02/13/12
imagination
/ignitetheknown
User Info.
god damn
09:31 AM on 02/13/12
Polaris
User Info.
oh geeze I love "Why Am I The One" so much.
09:31 AM on 02/13/12
dagger57331
User Info.
Their use of the vocoder is a bit hit or miss for me. Thankfully, mostly hit. The implementation of pseudo hip-hop beats and influences (as we sort of learned from the new P!ATD interview) works really well.

EDIT: Stars sold me on the vocoder a little more.
09:32 AM on 02/13/12
thelaughingtree
just keep your head above
User Info.
Why Am I The One into All Alone is such an awesome transition
09:32 AM on 02/13/12
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
Congrats to them for it making it. I like fun. but I was not really highly anticipating this. I like the first three tracks.
09:33 AM on 02/13/12
lightupthesky
the law firm
User Info.
the positive feedback in this thread has me sooo excited.
09:33 AM on 02/13/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh my. This is very, very good!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT